Smart Car of America Forum banner

Any Clubs in the Milwaukee, WI Region?

17K views 81 replies 12 participants last post by  jzchen 
#1 ·
Dear Wonderful People of the WI Region,

I was just wondering if there are any smart Car clubs in the Milwaukee, WI region? If there isn't, I would be one to start it... I just find it wonderful that the smart Car made it from Europe all the way here! It is wonderful! Well, just message me, and let me know. Thanks!

-Robert Mc.

#3 ·
I'm in the Milwaukee/Chicago area and would love to get our group back up running. I mean, I see at least 5 smarts a day on the way to and from work, so our ownership base is definitely growing. :)

I do work well with social media, so I can also help create a group space and promote it.

#5 ·
Well, if we can get enough people, I can whip us up a Facebook page or other social media page (depending on what everyone wants to use) so we can group up and stuff.

Our group was active until 2012 when everyone split ways because of work conflicts and a dying memberbase. People moved on to new cars and new things.

Reactions: chattieh10
#8 ·
A Facebook site sounds good!

A facebook page would be wonderful! I think we can start it once the group meets. I would start it, however, I am very stupid when it comes to how all that works. I have a facebook page and I am glad that I can post pictures on it! Anyways, I am sorry to hear that you member base shrunk. With careers and moving, it is understandable.

So, thank you for starting the website!!! I hope to meet you soon. Bye!

-Robert Mc.

#6 ·
To All of You smart Car Owners,

I will start the smart Car Club - Milwaukee, WI. I have been thinking about where to meet, what is in the area that would be good for food, if anyone is hungry or thirsty, what is central to downtown, etc. and, I came up with a location that we could all meet, whether it is inside place or outside with our smart Cars. The local would be in McKinley Park
Milwaukee, WI 53202. It has a wonderful parking lot and, is directly kitty-corner from Colectivo Coffee (1701 N Lincoln Memorial Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53202). That way we would have someplace to eat and someplace to love our smart Cars. As far as the date it will all be listed in my next post. I will have to find a date, which works out for everyone in this post. So, please send your dates and we will find out a perfect date! Just for information, any Saturday of the month at 12:00-14:00 (12:00 pm - 2:00 pm) would be perfect for me. The club will also meet once a month. Thanks and have a great day! :)

Who: All smart Car Owners and Lovers
What: A New smart Car Milwaukee Club
Where: McKinley Park, Milwaukee, WI 53202
When: Once a month, date and time soon to come...
Why: Because we all love smart Cars!

-Robert Mc.

#11 ·
The old Chicago group used to do one Saturday or Sunday a month depending on schedules. We usually ended up at various Chicago lunch spots. Usually places that were unique and easy on budget. :)

I'm actually at the WI-IL border next to 94, so I'm pretty much equidistant from either city. Let's do this! :D

#13 ·
This idea sounds good, both of them, however I am looking to start a Milwaukee group. Then we could expand it from there. So, I agree with Neonspinnazz in that we should find different spots to meet however, this would happen come next spring and it would have to be in the Wisconsin area, hence, WI Region. Now, we could meet up with the IL Club (if there is one... I haven't checked) and that would be fun, come the summer! I really want to make a Wisconsin Club and I figure that the biggest city in WI would be the place to have it.

Now, given the times that are available, I would say that the third Saturday would be wonderful. So, if it is possible for everyone to meet, I would like for it to be the third Saturday in Oct. 2016. The schedule is below:

When: Once a month: First will be on the 16th of October 2016 at 12:00-14:00 (12:00-2:00 pm)

#19 ·
My error!!! I was looking at something else when I posted this! So, it will be on a Saturday, the 15th of October 2016 at 13:00-15:00 (1:00-3:00 pm). The post will be below. Sorry for the error!!!!!!

When: Once a month: First will be on the 15th of October 2016 at 13:00-15:00 (1:00-3:00 pm)

#24 ·
It is going to be warm on Saturday!!! The temperature is going to be 20°C (68°F). I am so excited!!! I will also try to reserve a table/ room for us at the Colectivo Café. I am so excited about this Club!!!

Oh, and I am not sure what happend to MrBadExample, but I do wish him the best with his healing!

I will also make an effort, to post, the day before the meeting of our first "smart Car Club of Milwaukee", as to remind all of you wonderful smart Car loving folks!

Well, till then!

-Robert Mc.

Attachments

#25 ·
Saturday...

It is going to be warm on Saturday!!! The temperature is going to be 20°C (68°F). I am so excited!!! I will also try to reserve a table/ room for us at the Colectivo Café. I am so excited about this Club!!!

Oh, and I am not sure what happend to MrBadExample, but I do wish him the best with his healing!

I will also make an effort, to post, the day before the meeting of our first "smart Car Club of Milwaukee", as to remind all of you wonderful smart Car loving folks!

Well, till then!

-Robert Mc.

#30 ·
Heh, honestly I can't do anything about Tucker until the work transition is complete. After that I believe Tucker will be sent off to the smartville in the sky, or whatever new car dealers do with trades of hilariously low value.

Might as well give him one last smart event :) Thankfully Milwaukee is equidistant to work.

Reactions: jwight
#32 ·
I think I'm going to be buying smarts until I die. Like I imagine myself being the old woman, but instead of having cats, it's going to be a garage with an impossibly large collection of smarts. :D

Also, I love how this is an afternoon event...I'm literally never able to wake up on time for morning car shows.

Edit: Wait, is this on Saturday or Sunday? I apparently have a family function I'm supposed to be at from 12pm to gosh knows when on Saturday. Granted, I'd rather be with you guys. :x But I'd rather not piss off the person who technically owns my second car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.