Smart Car of America Forum banner

First Coast Smarties First Event

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  marvone 
#1 ·
#2 ·
We are getting down to less than a week before our big event. It is going to be a lot of fun and I look forward to meeting all of you. If you know of anyone that wants to attend, bring them along. Follow the about link and you will know all about the event. We are trying to fill up the Mayport Ferry.

#4 ·
Outcome

From late Friday afternoon arrival to now, this weekend has been great. I was the guest at Marvin's place with awesome southern hospitality from Marvin and Vicki for Friday and Saturday night.

Started with dinner Friday night at Longhorns
visiting with a few of the other local smart owners at Marvin's until crashing; playing with the RC's in Marvin's living room and kitchen
up for Coffee and homemade pancakes
then off to the Jax smart center for car washes before the rest of today (7 of us were at the smart center)
then it was off to the Budweiser/Busch brewery, met up with the rest of the local members and Nancy (aka "Mary") from Charleston, SC (Marvin renamed her)
received a tour of the brewery with samplings at the end
THEN it was off to the Ferry ride with the smarts; for such a quick ride, we had a lot of fun.
THEN it was time to mingle more and eat at Singleton's Seafood restaurant
THEN we toured the city, stopped a few places, took pictures at the stops and ended our tour back at the smart center; we went in, had some soft drinks and planned for the Sunday morning.
Then 4 of us met up with some of the others at the Cruise-in in NE Jax.
(Forest, you are right, the RC smarts were fun to sneak out of the front of the smart at the show.)

As the day wound down, from after lunch to the very end, the 11 smarts slowly broke off and went their merry ways ending up with me and Marvin having dinner and then back to his house to meet up with his wife after her afternoon errands.

Marvin has already posted his pics on Insider. Enjoy!
...wish you all were here. Lots of smile, silliness, and smarting all day with over 170 miles driven today alone around Jacksonville.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.