LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
Smart Car Safety Options

Driving at night can be a safer with an auto-dimming rear view mirror. Now Smart Fortwo owner's can have a auto dimming rear-view mirror, eliminating that unsafe and aggravating glare from a cars headlights traveling behind you. As the Smart Fortwo grows in popularity one downside is evident, the car does not have some factory equipment we take for granted. As is the case of a auto dimming rear-view mirror. This great addition for your Smart Car eliminates that dangerous glare and the strain it puts on your eyes from cars approaching from the rear.

Relax, driving at night just got smarter! Finally, Smart Car owners can have an auto dimming rear-view mirror that eliminates that perilous and annoying glare from the vehicle traveling behind you.

This driving safety accessory is manufactured by Gentex Corporation and available through MITO Corporation.

This mirror is an easy and inexpensive way to add a safer equipment option for your Smart Fortwo.

These are the same auto dimming mirrors that are standard equipment on 95 percent of new vehicles.

This smarter auto dimming rear-view mirror has special sensors and electronic circuitry that detects harsh glare and automatically dims your smart car mirror accordingly. They also come with a very accurate self-calibrating compass that keeps you on track and an exterior temperature display warns you with an "ICE" indicator when outside temperature is at or below 37 degrees.

All mirrors available for the Smart Car are full size mirrors, enhancing your range of vision, however they are larger than the original mirror and you'll need to adjust the mirror head to the side when using the window visors, but as smart car owners know, the Smart's window visor doesn't accomplish much anyway.

MITO Corporation provides additional high-tech aftermarket equipment, including mirrors with rear camera displays, OnStar auto-dimming mirrors, backup camera monitors, and BlueConnect hands free systems, lighted exterior rearview signal mirrors by Muth Mirror Systems, motorcycle turn signal mirrors and auto-dimming mirrors with HomeLink.

Contact MITO Corporation for complete details… Click Here! Or give them a call at 1-800-433-6486.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration tells us to be smarter about our cars safety options and when possible purchase vehicles that offer the latest in safety features. Like cars equipped with auto-dimming rear-view mirrors.

However, sometimes the latest automotive safety technology can cause problems. Like the intensive light from a Xenon or HID headlight or even the light from the high beams.

Granted the Xenon headlights provide superior road lighting, but they produce a more intense radiance of light and in many cases have caused serious and deadly accidents. Nonetheless all headlights emit some type of glare and brightness that can impair your driving.

There's not much you can do about on coming vehicles equipped with this Xenon or HID technology, but having an automatic dimming rear-view mirror will certainly make driving your Smart Car safer and more enjoyable.

Having the latest safety devices will make you a safer and smarter driver!

About MITO CORPORATION - Your source for quality aftermarket automotive electronics

When MITO Corporation was established in 1974, we wanted our customers to depend on us for the best service, merchandise and delivery. Although the philosophy is simple in theory, achieving it is an ongoing process. It takes a lot of hard work, total commitment to our customers and the desire to always be the best. We think we've done it. And over the next several decades, you have our word that we're going to continue striving to be the best, because you deserve it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 AM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh yeah. Pull into your M-B service department for some warranty work and hear, "What's this thing?" That's my after-market auto-dimming mirror. "No wonder your car's screwed up. Apparently (we're guessing) this thing has caused all your problems (because we can't figure them out, even with our 10 billion dollar Star system). We can't cover any of your repairs under warranty. You'll have to pay for them yourself. Just leave your car here, we'll go over it and find out everything that's wrong and fix it for you. Don't forget your AMEX card when you return."

How come MITO gets all this free advertising here? Sounds like a canned press release. "Contact MITO Corporation for complete details… Click Here! Or give them a call at 1-800-433-6486. About MITO CORPORATION - Your source for quality aftermarket automotive electronics." Can I do some free press releases? Does "Administrator" have a name? Inquiring mind(s) wants to know.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM
SCOA Club

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Dog Co View Post
Oh yeah. Pull into your M-B service department for some warranty work and hear, "What's this thing?" That's my after-market auto-dimming mirror. "No wonder your car's screwed up. Apparently (we're guessing) this thing has caused all your problems (because we can't figure them out, even with our 10 billion dollar Star system). We can't cover any of your repairs under warranty. You'll have to pay for them yourself. Just leave your car here, we'll go over it and find out everything that's wrong and fix it for you. Don't forget your AMEX card when you return."

How come MITO gets all this free advertising here? Sounds like a canned press release. "Contact MITO Corporation for complete details… Click Here! Or give them a call at 1-800-433-6486. About MITO CORPORATION - Your source for quality aftermarket automotive electronics." Can I do some free press releases? Does "Administrator" have a name? Inquiring mind(s) wants to know.
Oooh, a little vindictiveness has raised its ugly head. I stepped on some dainty toes. Our anonymous, Canadian "Administrator" didn't like my reply to his shilling and giving extensive free advertising to MITO. He just informed me that I have to have "Co." removed from my handle, even though the owner of the site, AutoGuide, through its rep said I could leave my handle as is. How petty.

Why don't you tell us how you justify that extensive free advertising you posted? MITO is not a vendor. Recommendations of businesses that are not advertisers are sometimes minimally posted when they have something a vendor doesn't supply, but I've never seen a full-blown shill like that here. You'd be the first one to jump on anyone that tried something like that. You have special privileges not available to others? Seems that you think so. Change my name to "Dip-S**t" if that gets you off.
(Oh-oh. I think I just stepped on the toes on his other foot.) Ask me if I care.

Last edited by Uptown Dog Co; 01-18-2013 at 05:34 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM

Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,452 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Garage
There are no words to describe the complete awesomeness behind your above posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neonspinnazz For This Useful Post:
mrmvolz (01-19-2013), smartcar111 (01-18-2013)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM
SCOA Club

Would be the correct thing to delete this ad and logo. Doesn't belong here unless MITO pays for advertising like everyone else that want to advertise here. 50+ lines is a little much, and none of their items are smart specific, mostly generic.

Been thinking of giving it another go. I have many more unique items and am adding more almost weekly. Maybe I didn't have enough different items available to make the cost worthwhile. Been doing good with GoogleAds and eBay, so maybe another shot is in the breech.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Bohemian Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,498 Times in 3,284 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Just send a PM to Administrator.....
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,315 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Regarding MITO/GENTEX advertisement . . .

"All mirrors available for the Smart Car are full size mirrors, enhancing your range of vision, however they are larger than the original mirror and you'll need to adjust the mirror head to the side when using the window visors, but as smart car owners know, the Smart's window visor doesn't accomplish much anyway" - sez the administrator.

administrator, you "advertise" the above under the guise of "smart car safety options." Do you even own a smart car?

This aftermarket GENTEX mirror is signifcantly larger than the OEM smart mirror and if anything further blocks your forward vision. How is that safe?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 12:04 PM

Garage
Oh Toronto...

They rag on us as much as they can, then post it to the board for all of us to see. (Really? You're extremely anti-smart and for some odd reason you find it's a good idea to post such articles to a smart enthusiast community? Great job!)

We're not interested in half of the articles posted here because most aren't even related to smart and the ones that are are rubbish!

I mean seriously, look at their ads on their other boards, they don't bash on ANY OTHER CAR while advertising FOR them. What's with that? Why must you relentlessly bash the heck out of us, even while advertising a product for us????

I get it, you don't like our cars, why must be reminded of that as much as possible? It's sad to think the owners are haters themselves.

They even violate their own TOS and advertise stupid products we can't use or are utterly useless to us. If I were a supporting vendor I'd be offended. Nobody can advertise for business without a vendor handle. Hypocrites!

Are Uptown and I the only two that are disgusted by this? It's infuriating to read an AutoGuide ad or article only to find the same trash I'd find on Jalopnik.

Oh and they promised not to increase ads. Lies...

Whew, I've had that on my mind for a while...End Rant...

P.S. I still love our great host of Mods and Admin (JPaul).
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 04:13 PM
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwight View Post
Just send a PM to Administrator.....
I think I reached my limit on that. My fingers got tired.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 PM

Garage
Wouldn't be surprised if we got "exiled" for ranting about the AutoGuide empire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode