post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Thanked 1,504 Times in 1,007 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Dog Co View Post
I poured maple syrup on the cat and dragged her across the top, but that made it worse. After the cat finishes licking the syrup off the top (and herself), I'll try a lint roller.
reminds me of a book I got for Christmas one year "101 things to do with a dead cat"! It's owner and I would be having words...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrayandersen View Post
reminds me of a book I got for Christmas one year "101 things to do with a dead cat"! It's owner and I would be having words...
After my dear, departed "Harvey," Abby is about the coolest cat I've met. I have the shelf in the luggage area of my cabrio, and one day I'm working on the car and didn't even notice she was around. I walked around to the back of the car, and there she is, on top of the shelf, looking out the back window. She always crawls in the car if I leave a door open.

She was sleeping on the top one day and refused to get off. I started opening the top, and she just kept moving toward the rear until she was on the plastic rear edge of the cabrio top. She finally jumped off after I drove about 10 feet down the driveway.

We just moved to a different house last week and I miss her loitering around already. I wonder how much jail time I'd have to do if caught and charged with catnapping. On second thought, Abby's owner, 3 houses down, has 2 young kids, so I couldn't steal her.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
Any ideas out there?
I must admit... I've never seen the headliner of a cabrio... never been inside one! BUT... I've used this with great success on the headliners of other cars:

Interior Cleaner - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

(FYI... Every Griot's product I've ever used has exceeded my expectations. It's not cheap, but as I'm fond of saying here: you get what you pay for.)

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterZiggy View Post
I must admit... I've never seen the headliner of a cabrio... never been inside one! BUT... I've used this with great success on the headliners of other cars:

Interior Cleaner - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

(FYI... Every Griot's product I've ever used has exceeded my expectations. It's not cheap, but as I'm fond of saying here: you get what you pay for.)
I use Griot's products too and they are great! The heavy duty wheel cleaner eats up break dust in a flash and smells good too.

On a real rain day my wife and I took a ride to their shop in Tacoma WA. They have a hugh garage with several doors and they took our car in. We were in a Arrest Me Red 1988 Corvette. They used their waterless cleaner on 1/2 of the hood and wiped it off with their micro towel made for this project.

Once done they used Machine Polish #3 on the hood and I could not believe how all of the swirls were removed. I was sold! I don't use the waterless cleaner (I did buy it) because I'm able to use water but I do use most of their other products. I clay bared the Vette then used their buffer (more or less a Surhold brand) with the #3 polish and then used their paste wax and I have not had to do anything execpt wash the car with their wash with wax and the car looks like it came out off the show room.

I have not used their products on our 2009 smart. What I did use was RejeX. I applied it once after the car was 3 months old. I have not done anything execpt wash the car with Griots wash/wax and the car looks like it's still new. I'm going to apply a new coat this spring. As their ad states "Nothing sticks but the shine". It's true!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode