Smart Car of America Forum banner

EvAccess Android app for Smart Electric Drive

Tags
evaccess
18K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Jmk2020 
#1 ·
I've been developing an Android app called EvAccess for the Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive and Smart Electric Drive. Both vehicles use a similar web app and I need some Smart users to help beta test the app.

The goal for the EvAccess app, is to have all the relevant information on one screen, therefore you don't have to click around through different pages to look at charge state, or range, etc.

I've set up an Google+ community for the Beta app for anyone interested in trying it out. Currently it's basic in its functionality, but I will improve it over time and incorporate any feedback. If you are interested, send me a private message on this forum with your email address and I'll send you an invite to the Google+ community so that you can download the app. (This is how Android app betas are handled on the Google Play Store) When it's been through some beta testing, I'll open it up to everyone on Google Play.

Thanks!

See less See more
#12 ·
EvAccess Beta

There are a few Smart ED users beta testing the app, but since the servers haven't been syncing with the car until recently I haven't received much feedback from the Smart users. I would like to get a few more beta testers and some more feedback before I release the app to the Google Play Store.

Please send me a private message with your email address if you are interested in trying out the beta app. I will then send you and invite to the Google+ EvAccess Beta community where you can download the app.

Thanks!

#13 ·
Please send me a private message with your email address if you are interested in trying out the beta app. I will then send you and invite to the Google+ EvAccess Beta community where you can download the app.

Thanks!
1st opportunity after 20+ days to sync EDdy with Germany.

Impressed with Ev Access Beta app and honestly may no longer need the wonky M-B Web page? Sadly we ALL remain at the mercy of the M-B server.

If you haven't signed up with Jared to participate in his Beta test (Android love only) you may want to give it a try!

#15 ·
Thanks for the feedback! Now that most of the functionality is there, I'll be working on the graphics to make is a little more slick Let me know if there is anything in particular information that you would like the app to show.

Also, the EvAccess app beta should be wrapped up soon and I'll be releasing it on the Google Play store at the end of this week.

#16 ·
One suggestion I have is making charging slick . This app has a green ring that shows the charged level, if you can create an “electron flow” during the time of charging, that will look cool. (inspired by Smart app)

I also learned a new trick from the app today. Whenever I turn my tablet horizontal/vertical, it automatically refresh the screen and show the updated data. I don't have Android phone, but it's nice if the data is updated when phone is shake.

Hope you will create an app for iOS device soon.

#19 ·
Thanks, found that I was on an earlier version as the update "Push" doesn't appear to be consistent?

Notice of charging stopped before 100% might help some who can be at risk for storm related power outages?

Sorry that with the long "browser down" issue the smart ED community couldn't have been more supportive of your project.

#21 ·
No news yet about an iOS version... I was going to do it myself if I had the time, but I'll probably work with another developer to help develop an iOS version. It's going to be a while before it's available... a few months would be my guess, but it couldn't hurt to keep asking... :)

#31 ·
No hope. Your 2015 ED uses the 2G mobile infrastructure to transmit information to and from the Mercedes servers which EVAccess contacts to get information. Because the 2G infrastructure is being deprecated, Mercedes shut down those servers about a month ago.

There are efforts to provide roughly the same information via other means, but nothing concrete has been developed yet.

For now, the only way to pre-heat and cool would be to use the on-board input through the instrument cluster.

#33 ·
RIP - smart ED Homepage & EvAccess

Did you ever get your app to work? i am interested in trying the app, 2014 ED smart here.:)
Guess you all missed the headline and PROMISE from Daimler - THE SMART 451 ED HOMEPAGE IS DEAD and thus so are any third party apps that may have relied upon vehicle specific 451 ED information over the now RIP 2G cellular network/Daimler server!

#35 ·
There's always the option of buying a Wifi enabled Level 2 EVSE for at home use, and they usually have an app that can give some statistics and insight into your electric smart. When you're on the go, Chargepoint chargers as well as other popular public chargers also have apps that give stats and insight into what your electric car is doing.

There's workarounds.

#36 ·
There's always the option of buying a Wifi enabled Level 2 EVSE for at home use, and they usually have an app that can give some statistics and insight into your electric smart. When you're on the go, Chargepoint chargers as well as other popular public chargers also have apps that give stats and insight into what your electric car is doing.
Although a fanboy of Clipper Creek, after ED's Divorce from Daimler/M-B smart "connectivity" I was looking for a WiFi enabled home Level 2 EVSE option. Settled on ChargePoint - although not as robust as the original smart homepage a "workaround."

#38 ·
20% off ChargePoint Home until January 20, 2019

Everything You Need

The first EV charger to be ENERGY STAR® certified for efficiency and UL listed for safety, ChargePoint® Home connects to WiFi to show all your charging activity in our app and updates automatically so you always have the latest features.

Speed Up Your Charge . . .

https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/home/promo/?utm_expid=.mzr4eXM3TJWPUnS5yH7oMw.0&utm_referrer=

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...8K6PX&linkId=9a48e3e161f0f6eaea9600a8a8aa27f2

#39 ·
I have recently had a successful resolution of a claim against my dealer and the manufacturer regarding the removal of the Smart 451 ED homepage and the loss of functionality of the preheat/precool functions of the car. If you bought a 451 ED in California and suffered a similar condition, I can potentially refer you to some legal assistance. PM if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.