Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Maximum Range Reports?
Summer is here, so we can see how far we can stretch the range of our ED's without being burdened by heater usage. I can't seem to find a thread where we can report maximum achievable range on our Smart ED's so I'm starting one here.
If a situation arises where the car gets driven from full to zero or near-zero SOC that is great, and that can be reported.
Otherwise reports can be estimates with the following info:
1. km or mi driven from a full charge;
2. Indicated state of charge at the above odometry.
3. Estimated km or mi remaining - either the car's own estimate or, if you consistently outdo the cars estimate, your own estimate.
4. Estimated ultimate range.
5. Any other useful information - speeds, weather, AC usage etc..
So I'll start with a trip yesterday:
1. Total odometry from full 70.5 miles
2. Remaining SOC - 27%
3. Car's estimated remaining miles - 19, but over the last 6 miles that I drove it, this went down by only 3 miles - so under continuing same conditions..
4. Ultimate estimated range of 105 miles/170 km.
Conditions - very warm and humid (78-87F/25-31C) rolling-hilly terrain, max speed probably 55 mph briefly, but mostly urban and suburban driving at 40 mph or less. Most miles driven by spouse who reported only sparing AC use. Final eco score 82%
Last edited by Yinzer; 06-12-2015 at 06:42 PM.