Idea for a NorthEast Meetup at Watkins Glen - Page 5 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#41 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone give me an idea of what happens at the event?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellSmartCanada View Post
Can someone give me an idea of what happens at the event?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyThorson View Post
So Mike gave me the all important call back. He spent a lot of Monday getting us Smart owners all set. I thought that was really cool of him to dedicate a day to assuring us that we have a fun time.

Laps are going to have to be early Saturday morning because they apparently have a lot of other stuff going on for the event that includes use of the track. We will either plan on 9:00am or 9:30am Saturday morning, July 14th.

He's still settling on a place for us to park. He has to make sure that he gets the ok for it before he tells us, but he has it all picked out.

He's going to set up a line for us to call and get our discounted entrance / track combo tickets. We'll have something set with the ticket office specifically for Smart owners.

Friday night I'll check in to the 'Glen area, 7:30am / 8:00am Saturday, I'll be at the track in our parking spot. 9:00am or soon after, we'll roll on to the track. After that, we can explore the Wine Festival or do whatever you'd like. Sunday morning, for whoever wants to stay, I'll be going to breakfast. I'll be driving back Sunday afternoon.

Mile told me at by the end of next week, I'll have everything I need to start advertising!
Might we see you there?!
#43 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Skippy---

my wife also wants to drive. I understand we get only three laps. Can we switch drivers during a "pit stop"?
#44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Garage
Hello hello hello. To everyone, trust me, I haven't forgotten you. It seems that little-ol-me has hit a communication barrier with the people-with-money. I'm trying to get the Watkins Glen team to work as fast as possible on this, but I think we have two different definitions of fast. We're all working on it, and we're very close to getting everything finalized so that we can start spreading the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen17 View Post
Skippy---

my wife also wants to drive. I understand we get only three laps. Can we switch drivers during a "pit stop"?
We had mentioned an actual pit stop to swap drivers, but that's the only thing I'm a bit fuzzy on. It might be possible, but I think we might have to get on and off the track as quick as possible for things to pan out well for us and the track folks. We'll see!

-----

Parking is set - parking is NOT at the festival, but it is very close by. So to clear that up, we will NOT be on the grounds in the infield because of vender obligations, but we will be shipped off to a close-by parking place, whatever that may be.

Now we're talking Tuesday morning that he's blocked off a section of his schedule to get ticket prices and availability set.

I apologize. I really hoped things would come together a lot faster. Trying to keep on top of people with a schedule and a budget is more work than I anticipated.

Perseverance is key!!! I'm getting there!

Last edited by SkippyThorson; 06-25-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: A little more clarification.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkippyThorson For This Useful Post:
jwight (06-26-2012), SNAPHU (06-26-2012)
#45 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Garage
Please follow the new thread for details and further updates!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode