1Likes
  • 1 Post By DreamCarOwner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Bluetooth works but doesn't see my phone content

I have a 453 with touchscreen. My Bluetooth feature works but doesn't see the content in my iphone. If I select my music or podcasts from my phone, they come through ok via Bluetooth but I can't control selections from my touchscreen as it can't see the content. It worked ok last week but as of a few days ago, I can't seem to get it to work. This problem seems to pop up from time to time and I'm wondering if it an issue with an iphone update gone wrong or is it a problem with the smart's entertainment system. With the phone plugged in to the USB, everything works fine.
Not sure if it will reset itself eventually as it sometimes does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Well, this thread didn't get much traffic but I want to report that all of a sudden, my Bluetooth connection issue that I describe above has now returned to normal...I really don't know why but this seems to be something that is an ongoing issue with me. I've learned to live with the quirkiness of this but it's quite annoying. Obviously this issue is not that common out there. I feel so 'SPECIAL'.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
You give no indication where you live. I'm *jealous* you landed a 453 with an entertainment system. Can I assume you do not reside stateside? Or did a Smart with entertainment system sneak across the border without my hearing about it?

Nice looking color!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 AM
King of Smart Gadgetry
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Garage
Now I have a 451 that I installed an Android radio in and initially I had some quirky issues with my Galaxy S5 phone connecting and mirroring. I wiped out all the connection settings and paired them back together after I had all the updates to the head unit. Now it seems to be working fine. Usually it would work fine in the driveway when a person could be all relaxed when they were using it. But when you are driving and need it to work correctly with a minumum of fuss, it seems like that is when it would mess up. DCO
MarcLad likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keorr View Post
You give no indication where you live. I'm *jealous* you landed a 453 with an entertainment system. Can I assume you do not reside stateside? Or did a Smart with entertainment system sneak across the border without my hearing about it?

Nice looking color!
CANADA! I had ordered it early on with the touchscreen. I'm happy I did but I'm sure I would have adapted well with the radio and phone holder. I'm afraid once the warranty is gone, it will cost me much to get glitches in the system looked into.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode