Calling all 2017 BRABUS owners! - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

 52Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
 
SmArtist00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Calling all 2017 BRABUS owners!

Im super curious as to how many of us there are in the US right now... I only know of me and one other person that have ours.

Anyone else with the new Brabus on here??

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170208_135801.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	27778  
SmArtist00 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:00 PM
SCOA Club
 
Mister_smart_LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: smart center West Covina/L.A.
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 172
Thanked 390 Times in 270 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmArtist00 View Post
Im super curious as to how many of us there are in the US right now... I only know of me and one other person that have ours.

Anyone else with the new Brabus on here??

Good luck with that. I believe you are way overestimating how many or how few BRABUS 453 owners there are in the United States. There are likely less than 15 on the road, of any color variety, in the United States. Likely even less than that. So take extra special care of your car.
Smart Bob and halfcack like this.
Mister_smart_LA is offline  
post #3 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
 
SmArtist00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_smart_LA View Post
Good luck with that. I believe you are way overestimating how many or how few BRABUS 453 owners there are in the United States. There are likely less than 15 on the road, of any color variety, in the United States. Likely even less than that. So take extra special care of your car.
Thanks, Mister_smartASS_LA.. lol Im hoping as few as possible are out there, but just wanted to see if any more would come forward on here. And you KNOW im taking care of mine.
SmArtist00 is offline  
 
post #4 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:29 PM
SCOA Club
 
Mister_smart_LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: smart center West Covina/L.A.
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 172
Thanked 390 Times in 270 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmArtist00 View Post
Thanks, Mister_smartASS_LA.. lol Im hoping as few as possible are out there, but just wanted to see if any more would come forward on here. And you KNOW im taking care of mine.
They probably will eventually come forward, but, yeah.... severely limited in quantity.
Mister_smart_LA is offline  
post #5 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:35 PM
SCOA Club
 
Mister_smart_LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: smart center West Covina/L.A.
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 172
Thanked 390 Times in 270 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
100 coupes between now and the end of the production cycle for gas coupes, and only 14 cabriolets between now and the end of production for all smart dealers in the USA combined, not including what has already been sold.

So, yeah, maybe 1 or 2 per dealership in total for the entire year. Good luck color shopping!
jwight, Smart Bob, amosd70 and 1 others like this.
Mister_smart_LA is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister_smart_LA For This Useful Post:
fredp (03-06-2017), Smart Bob (03-05-2017)
post #6 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM
 
smark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lenexa Ks.
Posts: 6,054
Thanks: 460
Thanked 1,161 Times in 811 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
There are a lot new 453 Brabus's out there for sale. On cars.com. You can tell the difference right away. The Brabus wheels mimic the old Scion IQ alloys. It doesn't look like there is any special exhaust system.

smark is offline  
post #7 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:26 PM
SCOA Club
 
Mister_smart_LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: smart center West Covina/L.A.
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 172
Thanked 390 Times in 270 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smark View Post
There are a lot new 453 Brabus's out there for sale. On cars.com. You can tell the difference right away. The Brabus wheels mimic the old Scion IQ alloys. It doesn't look like there is any special exhaust system.

How many?
Mister_smart_LA is offline  
post #8 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
 
SmArtist00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_smart_LA View Post
How many?
I searched the whole US and got 5 results.. 2 in san diego. They are out there, but Im glad its a limited edition. Im hoping there are at least a couple new owners on the forums. Would love to see some pics of other peoples brabus'.
SmArtist00 is offline  
post #9 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:45 PM
 
smark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lenexa Ks.
Posts: 6,054
Thanks: 460
Thanked 1,161 Times in 811 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_smart_LA View Post
How many?
I counted 5-6 of them from San Diego, Fort Worth etc. I didn't go though all them. Too many smart cars listed. Cars.com doesn't have the Brabus trim selector. What also strange, only a few dealership write up the trim, as the Brabus model. You have to look at the wheels to identify them. Strange no markings on the body. You can tell the front chin molding is difference. The car has a wider stance. The gear selector, wheel cap center has the Brabus logo. The Brabus is stamp on the alloy wheels.
smark is offline  
post #10 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:46 PM
SCOA Club
 
Mister_smart_LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: smart center West Covina/L.A.
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 172
Thanked 390 Times in 270 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smark View Post
I counted 5-6 of them from San Diego, Fort Worth etc. I didn't go though all them. Too many smart cars listed. Cars.com doesn't have the Brabus trim selector. What also strange, only a few dealership write up the trim, as the Brabus model. You have to look at the wheels to identify them. Strange no markings on the body. You can tell the front chin molding is difference. The car has a wider stance. The gear selector, wheel cap center has the Brabus logo. The Brabus is stamp on the alloy wheels.
That's "a lot"?
Mister_smart_LA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


331

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Handsfree calling in 2017 ForTwo Chazz smart General Discussion 8 01-01-2017 07:45 PM
2017 owners citroen 453 5 09-10-2016 10:26 PM
Calling all Inland Empire smart owners & enthusiasts smartiePrincess iesmartIEs Club 23 11-22-2008 08:47 AM
Calling all 450 owners. bill_mr74 Texas Chapter 4 07-28-2008 07:21 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On