Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
OK, I'll start…
1. What specific issues were addressed by the new software update campaign?
2. The debate still hasn't ended on whether the Prime seats are leather, pleather, MB-Tex, a combination of the above, or none of the above.
3. Where is the US-market 453 engine made, and by home? The Monroney sticker indicates Japan, but that is inconsistent with claims from Europe.
4. Any update on the paired phone/mic voice quality issue?
5. Any updates on BRABUS, Tailor Made, or ED features or sales launch timetables?
1. The newest software flash is designed to fix the issue where the fuel gauge was displaying the incorrect amount of fuel in the tank. Essentially the cars have an 8.7 gallon tank, but the onboard computer thought they were equipped with the European standard 7.4 gallon tank. This caused the fuel light to trigger early and show poor MPG readings because 1.3 gallons or so of gasoline were hidden from the computer.
2. They may not be designo
Nappa Leather, but the prime seats are leather!
3. I want to say France as it was developed for this platform with Renault, but I will confirm and look into this.
4. We will have an update in the future. A fix is in the works, but until we're 100% happy with itwe're not releasing them. No timeline, but this is a top priority for Dr. Winkler, so it will be addressed swiftly.
5. We won't see a BRABUS performance model right now, but the appearance package and style accessories are on the way. In fact, the BRABUS accessories brochure is almost ready... No timetable on Tailor Made, but it's my next job after the cabrio is in stores
. ED is still on for end of year as Dr. Winkler hinted, but things can always change!
Hope that helps, keep 'em coming!