Smart Car of America Forum banner

It's a boy! (453 production date)

24K views 213 replies 34 participants last post by  10470 
#1 ·
Great news from France – my 453 was born today, Tuesday – a healthy boy, under the sign of Scorpio.

In a few days Tighty (******) will be taking his first transatlantic cruise, to arrive in time for the holidays.

A glass of wine for everyone! (Two glasses of wine for the haters.) ;)

#12 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I had to sell my smart when my family needs changed. Now I'm back to a 2-seater life.

My life has been about minimalism. For years, I refused to own a car, and got around using only a bike. After that, my daily driver for many years was a BMW Isetta (length 89"; weight 770#). For more than a decade, I could fit literally everything I owned into a 19" carry-on suitcase. I've designed micro-houses for 45 years. I'm a vegetarian. My computer is an iPhone. Even my dog is a miniature. I love living more with less.

Tighty ******'s name was better suited to a boy, that's all. :D

#16 ·
Good-Oh, Steve. I tracked my Passion Blue the same way. BTW, here are some comments I've gotten: "Where's the other half?" and, "You can deliver pizza in it, but only half a pizza." My own response: "Bluetini went from 0-60 in 10 seconds--in reverse." (Credit an old Bob Newhart routine). Take that, you comedians . . .

#17 ·
This is all too funny and a great thread in terms of getting to know who we all are. Good stuff. :hat:

Good thing you are a vegetarian - that way Enzo need not worry. Now if this was Korea or even China and a wiener dog...:rolleyes:

Ok and now back to our regular posting. Today all of the GTA is swimming. Wet leaves, lots of water and in Toronto they are launching the 453 today. I suggested to those who are going wear flotation devices. Rain so far is over 2 inches and not ending until tomorrow. Do Smart's float. Stay tuned we will know tomorrow.:|

#35 ·
I guess you know the name of the ship it is on already. Right? I tried tracking mine and the sea leg part was dormant other than relaying the departure date and arrival date. Then it told me when it docked, but I was unable to actually watch it during the trip.
Still it was fun.
Your car will be shipped to where? Baltimore or transferred to something heading through the Canal?

#39 ·
Sequence from our 2011 order; YMMV:

Ordered Nov 11, 2010
Produced January 2011
Booked at Bremen February 14, 2011
Loaded on vessel Turandot February 17, 2011
Offloaded Baltimore March 3, 2011
Delivered smart center Cincinnati March 25, 2011
:)

#41 ·
I must have had a very connected sales person. She gave me updates daily from the system and then knew which ship it was on from the MB system. Check with your dealer for that info, especially the ship. Maybe though, it hasn't been loaded yet and is 'in transit' around the French countryside as you suspect.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.