State Park Cookout - Smart Car Forums
View Poll Results: Will you be attending the cookout on Saturday, July 13th?
Yes, I/we will be there! Please indicate the number of people that will be attending! 6 85.71%
No, I/we will not be there; We do not like you people, and do not want anything to do with you! 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
State Park Cookout

Hi everyone! So, for those of you who are staying at the state park for this weekend, my mother and I will be hosting a cookout/fire (?) on Saturday night. We will be taking care of the burgers and hot dogs. Maybe we can do like a pot luck style thing? If you prefer a certain brand of burger/hot dog, feel free to bring enough to feed yourself, and whoever else in your party that would prefer that brand.

If we choose to do a pot luck style cookout we would need:
  • Burger buns
  • Hot dog buns
  • Canned soda (easier cleanup)
We need to get a rough head count on the people that will be there, that way we all know how much of what needs to be bought. Please, give me some feedback here, and let me know what you all think.

Let me know who wants to bring what. It'll be on a first come, first pick basis. The list above are things that are needed no matter what. If you want to bring something other, once that list is addressed, feel free!

We are staying in cabin 123C which is in the Oneida Village loop. We check in Thursday, July 11th, and check out Monday, July 15th. If 7PM works for everyone on Saturday, July 13th then that's the plan.

Attending:

Andy (myself) and Joann (mother) - Bringing: Burgers and dogs (and whatever else no one picks up lol)
ColonelPan1c +1 - Bringing: coleslaw, potato salad, and chips
nconantj +~3 - Bringing: hot dogs
SkippyThorson +1 Bringing: Pepsi and Doritos
steveg +1

Last edited by AndyT; 02-28-2013 at 07:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyT For This Useful Post:
SkippyThorson (02-11-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Me and the other half are in. Whatever needs to be bought/made, let me know and we'll have it ready. We can make and or bring coleslaw, potato salad and pasta salad type stuff as well. Depending on moneys, I can even marinate and prep ribs to bring, and smoke them over charcoal. Put me down for at least cole slaw, potato salad and chips. If you need anything else let me know.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Awesome! Thanks!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Our count will be at least two, most likely four people.

As stated earlier, our preferred brands for hots are Zweigles and Hoffmans, so we will probably bring at least a pound, maybe two of one of them... the ones we use are 6/lb.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelPan1c View Post
Me and the other half are in. Whatever needs to be bought/made, let me know and we'll have it ready. We can make and or bring coleslaw, potato salad and pasta salad type stuff as well. Depending on moneys, I can even marinate and prep ribs to bring, and smoke them over charcoal. Put me down for at least cole slaw, potato salad and chips. If you need anything else let me know.
If you do decide to do the ribs, I think my crew will say screw it to dogs.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A total so far of a whopping ~6 people.... Come on, where is everyone else? lol
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
I can bring some 12 packs of soda. (More or less depending on the turnout.) I hope people are Pepsi fans!!
A) I love Pepsi - don't love the taste of Coca-Cola.
B) My car basically is Pepsi-blue.
Whatever goes, goes, and whatever people want to take, take it. I'm also a Doritos person as far as cookouts go!

Would you want me to bring paper plates, or do you camp like we camp? (Which means the food that hits the ground goes to the local squirrels.)

Put me down for 2 people (me +1) and I'll bring Pepsi and Doritos. (Cups, plates, or plastic utensils maybe? Let me know.)

We won't be camping, so I'll come in and visit. There may be more to my party, but so far it's just 2 people in 1 Smart.

Last edited by SkippyThorson; 02-25-2013 at 08:51 AM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyThorson View Post
I can bring some 12 packs of soda. (More or less depending on the turnout.) I hope people are Pepsi fans!!
A) I love Pepsi - don't love the taste of Coca-Cola.
B) My car basically is Pepsi-blue.
Whatever goes, goes, and whatever people want to take, take it. I'm also a Doritos person as far as cookouts go!
I would suggest beverages be bring your own. Since you aren't camping, you may not be allowed to drive back. Someone could drive up and grab stuff to carry back, but I don't think hiking almost a mile, part of it up a steep grade, with a pair of 12 packs of soda will be fun or easy.

Doritos, on the other hand, are very light weight and easy to carry if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyThorson View Post
Would you want me to bring paper plates, or do you camp like we camp? (Which means the food that hits the ground goes to the local squirrels.)
Paper whatsits? :eek::eek: We've got more than enough reusable plastic plates , I'll bring those for anyone who wants plates (or for anything that requires plates... beans anyone?)

If I can find them, I can probably also provide plastic utensils, we used to have quite the collection that we saved over the years.

And speaking of beans, I'll be happy to bring them. In my house, we have a recipe that we use that is delicious. Though to make that recipe requires that I have Heinz Ketchup and French's Mustard (we don't really use any other brands if we can avoid it), which I can bring unless someone pipes up says those are the brands they'd bring.
The Following User Says Thank You to nconantj For This Useful Post:
SkippyThorson (03-07-2013)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Since I am about 50 miles away I think i can free myself up for the day and swing by with the wife, bring by 450 S. Mann Smart... right now count me in...

steveg..
The Following User Says Thank You to steveg For This Useful Post:
SkippyThorson (02-27-2013)
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I'll have an extra parking spot at my campsite I believe which I think will be in the same area as AndyT's, if needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ColonelPan1c For This Useful Post:
AndyT (02-26-2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode