Smart Car of America Forum banner

Window does not slide smoothly in tracks

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pinan 
#1 ·
My drivers side window is incredible hard to move. Window motor strains to move it.

I have disconnected the window from the window regulator and tested the motor. The motor and regulator runs freely and quickly. I moved the regulator all the way to the bottom and then attempted to move the window by hand.

The window does not slide smoothly in the tracks. I cleaned the tracks and lubed them with silicon spray, but the window still does not slide easily.

I loosened the bolts at the bottom of the regulator and try to adjust the angle of the regulator but have not had any results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~Pard

#4 ·
This sounds good. Or perhaps a bent regulator.

Pardner. After getting some ideas from you, I successfully installed OEM power windows in my 2008. Everything works fantastic. Two (Ebay) switches on the drivers door and one on the passenger. Awesome!

All the wiring is from me as there was none in the car of course. Holes were plugged with some matching black plastic plugs. Great!

I'm writing a complete tutorial on how to do it. Should be complete in a week or so for those interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.