LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Admin emeritus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What can we do for 450 owners?

Hey guys,

We have recieved lots of feedback that we are not doing enough for 450 owners and I would in general agree but I would like to disagree with your help ;)

What can I do to make SCOA more valuable for 450 owners? Would you guys like to have a 450 badge in your profile? What about additional content areas, what can I do there?

Hit me with some feedback so we can work on this.

Thanks,
SMART
The Following User Says Thank You to SMART For This Useful Post:
Dean C (10-13-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey Smart/All

I was thinking about your post/question and I have a few quick thoughts.
Something (main title of sub forum) like “Smart 450 G&K conversions” and maybe 3 sub sections under that.

“Dealers and Parts” in this section we could post about who and where we got/get our car and parts from, maybe a few stickys (master list/quick reference guide in Excel or PDF stored on or off site that is updateable).

“Modifications/Repair” in this section we could link to or describe repairs we’ve done or need help in doing, this too could use a few stickys.

“General Chat” just as the name states, just a chatting area.

I don’t know what % of the G&K owners are on this forum (if they are here chances are they are in the Ca and UK site), But I do feel there is no 1 place where a G&K owner can go to get specific info. Currently I rely on the Ca and the UK sights, those sights are very friendly, but when it comes to a G&K Smart I need to rely on fellow owners.

I would love to see 1 location where we all congregate and share details specific to the G&K 450, as an example, here is a post I made last week http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=13324 .

The info I seek here could easily be covered by a sticky or an Excel/PDF sheet that is dynamic.

Well that all I can think of (now), I am sure some of the other owners will come up with some great ideas too.
Hope it helps

ASM
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How about a list of service providers/parts providers? I called the Smart Dealer in San Antonio today...the gave me the number for Smart service, when I tried it, the service people put me back to thee dealer...who told me they can't even order parts for pre-2008 Smarts! Not even Tires...bummer! And San Antonio is 140 miles away...ASM will like that...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 04:59 AM
SCOA Club

Parts and other information for 450 model

If anyone has any problem getting parts for their 450 or any other information on their 450, please let me know. We supply help all the time to insurance companies and mechanics all over the country. We are very visible through Google, but not so much with other search engines. Please, please let us know if you need any help finding a part and we'll either get it for you or tell you how to obtain it quickly. We plan to be around for many years to help our customers as well as the customers of those who are no longer in business. Our website address is our actual home. We did that because we wanted to say "Would you rather know where we live or where our business location used to be?" That is a statement to our ongoing credibility to help all those 450 owners looking for help. Thanks!

Ron Gaus, asmartcar.com
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello All 450 owners

Although SMARTCARPARTS has been on Ebay for almost 3 years I have now become a registered vendor here on this club site.

SMARTCARPARTS is located in Bluffton, SC near Hilton Head and on the store site WWW.SMARTCARPARTS.US

you will see a full assortment of genuine/replacement parts and accessories.

No need to look overseas and go through the hassels of importing through customs and foreign currency.

Thanks to those already who have supported my small operation and welcome to those who ill meet for the first time.

sherwin
SMARTCARPARTS
BLUFFTON, SC
(C) 908 705 7310 nj area code never changed it
WWW.SMARTCARPARTS.US picture shown was the very first smart in USA
in 2001
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(forgot to include this)

ANY SPECIAL DEALER PART OR ACCESSORY NOT SHOWN IS AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM OUR FACTORY DEALER LOCATION.

PLEASE SUPPLY ALL DETAILS INCL VIN NUMBER AND IF POSSIBLE DIGITAL PICTURES TO AVOID ANY COSTLY MISTAKES.

DELIVERY TO YOU USUALLY TAKES 12 WORKING DAY OR LESS DEPENDING ON FACTORY AVAILABILITY AND USA CUSTOMS.

COST OF GOODS FOB EUROPE WILL BE QUOTED, SHIPPING EXPENSES ARE AT MY COST.

sherwin
smartcarparts
bluffton, sc
(c) 908 705 7310
(fax) 843 705 5136
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 10:55 AM

I can provide technical assistance for any 450's as I have worked on several of them and have diagnostics for them also in the Houston area. motorwerks We have another location in Detroit that can work on them also. Motorwerks Mercedes-Benz, BMW, AUDI* Sales and Service
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 08:11 PM

Hello John in Corpus Christi . . . . I live in Bryan, Texas and have a "grey market" 2006 Smart Car. Help ! ! ! Please with parts data and the like. My personal e-Mail is: oneforyoutoo@yahoo.com

Many Thanks
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:02 PM

I have a 2006 Smartfortwo Passion. I have lost one of the ignition/remote door lock keys, and want to get another. I am having no success locally in Maryland or Virginia (I live in Bethesda, MD). I am fearful that I will lose the remaining one, or it will go dead. Are you aware of any shop in my area that might be able to order and program replacement keys for a 450?

Last edited by blshu254; 10-24-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: to take out the quote, save space
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
SCOA Club

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMART View Post
Hey guys,

We have recieved lots of feedback that we are not doing enough for 450 owners and I would in general agree but I would like to disagree with your help ;)

What can I do to make SCOA more valuable for 450 owners? Would you guys like to have a 450 badge in your profile? What about additional content areas, what can I do there?

Hit me with some feedback so we can work on this.

Thanks,
SMART
This will sounds a bit cold so please do not take it like that but how much support does the forum give to those of us who own 450s and what percentage of people on here own one? Thats where you will see if they are getting enough support.

EX: 15% own a 450 and they complain that they only get about 10-15% support, then they actually are getting lots of help. My thing is that not many in NA actually have 450's so we dont know alot about them. Evolution is the biggest help I would gather. And anyone from europe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode