Smart Car of America Forum banner

2009 BRABUS announcement

60K views 182 replies 71 participants last post by  smart portland 
#1 ·
Just received this announcement from Smart USA. Exciting stuff! :D
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>> A special announcement from smart USA

Dear smart USA Reservation Holder,
smart USA has an exciting announcement to make! The very popular and sporty smart fortwo BRABUS model will make its debut in the United States beginning in February 2009, and you will have the opportunity to be one of the first customers to own this exciting vehicle.

All current reservation holders who have not yet been invited to configure their vehicles will have the opportunity to request to convert their current reservation to a smart fortwo BRABUS model beginning Thursday evening at 5pm PST, October, 23, 2008. This special offer will only be available for a limited time, and only a limited quantity of BRABUS models will be available, so be sure to check your email on Thursday, October 23, 2008, for model information, pricing and reservation instructions.

If you have any questions, please contact smart Customer Service by email or at 1.800.smart.USA (800.762.7887).
Enthusiastically,
The smart USA Team

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Brabus available in US in 2009

I just got this in my email.

smart USA has an exciting announcement to make! The very popular and sporty smart fortwo BRABUS model will make its debut in the United States beginning in February 2009, and you will have the opportunity to be one of the first customers to own this exciting vehicle.
All current reservation holders who have not yet been invited to configure their vehicles will have the opportunity to request to convert their current reservation to a smart fortwo BRABUS model beginning Thursday evening at 5pm PST, October, 23, 2008. This special offer will only be available for a limited time, and only a limited quantity of BRABUS models will be available, so be sure to check your email on Thursday, October 23, 2008, for model information, pricing and reservation instructions.
If you have any questions, please contact smart Customer Service by email or at 1.800.smart.USA (800.762.7887).
Enthusiastically,
The smart USA Team

#5 ·
Wow-more surprises!

#9 ·
smart BRABUS coming as of 02/2009!

Cool!:)

Enthusiastically,

The smart USA Team

This post has been deleted
#25 ·
PLEASE let there be one for me in September 09!
It said in the email that the Brabus is debuting in Feb. 2009. It sounded to me that they are only available to those currently holding reservations while have not been invited to configure yet like you and me. So, you will be waiting in another (shorter:cheers:) line after you switch to Brabus. Chances are you will get one in Feb. Does it sound even better?

#29 ·
That is the implication I had a few months ago from someone in M-B Canada (our smart importer) - that the proper BRABUS would not be certified for North America due to the low volumes, so instead we would be getting a dressed-up regular US/CDN fortwo, maybe with the sport suspension.

My guess is it may not even have the sport suspension, and may have 15 inch wheels instead of the 16/17 inch combo the European BRABUS has.

Canada got two BRABUS versions of the 450 model: a very limited edition for $40 K CAD (unreal price) in monotone red or white with a very fancy interior, and a cheaper one for a "mere" $26K called the "nightrun". Both these cars had the 40.2 HP diesel engine, and 15 inch BRABUS Monoblock 6 wheels with the skinny 145/65-15 tires stretched onto the 5.5 inch wide front rims, and 175/55-15 skinnies stretched onto the rear 6.5 inch wide rear rims! Not only was it a joke, the skinny tires were unsafe on those wheels!

I hope I am wrong on all counts, because I would be the first in line to buy a real 451 BRABUS, with 98 HP.

#33 ·
Me too - I would be highly suspect of that info...certianly I hope smartusa would not have the nerve to offer a "skin only" version of the Brabus here in the states -talk about a slap in the face!

Their email certainly suggests its the same model available in Europe....

The very popular and sporty smart fortwo BRABUS model will make its debut in the United States beginning in February 2009, and you will have the opportunity to be one of the first customers to own this exciting vehicle.

#31 ·
Remember: the US version of the BRABUS will likely have no more performance than a regular US smart, and the transmission will be the same as other US 451s. I'm not sure what you are referring to....

#34 ·
I got the Brabus announcement too... have to read a lot more on this topic to know if this is what I want to do or not.

So, the current reservation holders who haven't configured and go to the Brabus, should help the rest of us move up in the ForTwo queue? :) If that's the case, that is good news for everyone!

Are the Brabus and the ForTwo made in the same factory in France or is the Brabus manufactured (only?) in Germany?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.