smart in universal city ca - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
smart in universal city ca

A smart dealership will be opening in Universal City, CA, on Lankershim Blvd. This was confirmed by Julie (assistant to the GM (Ken)). They have a separate smart building from their other dealerships (Universal Mini and BMW). The smart, Mini and BMW dealerships are all located within walking distance from each other. She also said they were almost done with the building and should be ready for the Jan 08 opening.

According to Julie, they are about to receive four (4) smarts for test drive purposes. She didn't know when they would arrive though. I tried pressing for more info but that's all she knows for now.

kelkea02
#1180 Conf: 10/26
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 PM

This was the location for the road show last summer. I met with the potential (at the time) sales manager and saw renderings of the new building.

Its pretty close to my house (about 22 miles) but Beverly Hills Mercedes is about 12 miles away. Oh the joys of living in Southern California with five smart dealers around!

Beverly Hills Mercedes is reporting about the same stuff, with a soft opening around Christmas and grand opening in January. Their building out within their existing space with a wall between the smarts and the Maybachs (what a combo!).

The are expecting 600 vehicles during 2008 with about 450 reserved so far. I'm sure the number will slip as more reservations come in an cars get moved around.

Test vehicles are on the way and should be in BH in a couple of weeks.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkea02 View Post
According to Julie, they are about to receive four (4) smarts for test drive purposes. She didn't know when they would arrive though. I tried pressing for more info but that's all she knows for now.
So it takes 10 days to get to Baltimore, and they are only getting 4 this month....ugh, delay delay
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkea02 View Post
A smart dealership will be opening in Universal City, CA, on Lankershim Blvd. This was confirmed by Julie (assistant to the GM (Ken)). They have a separate smart building from their other dealerships (Universal Mini and BMW). The smart, Mini and BMW dealerships are all located within walking distance from each other. She also said they were almost done with the building and should be ready for the Jan 08 opening.

kelkea02
#1180 Conf: 10/26
CORRECTION--10/23

Went by the dealership last nite and it looked like its ready to go. They had already closed by the time I got there. Got caught up in a massive traffic jam on fwy 118 because of a traffic accident and didn't get a chance to speak to anyone Maybe next time.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 12:26 PM

Anybody been by the Universal City dealer recently? Wondering if it's opened yet?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTB73 View Post
Anybody been by the Universal City dealer recently? Wondering if it's opened yet?
I went by there last week and spoke to Ken (Smart General Manager). He confirmed the dealership is ready to open. Just waiting on the cars. I took a peek at the smart building and looks nice. It's not as big as some but it's good for now. Ken also told me that they are supposed to be allotted between 600-700 smarts but he believes it's going to be more than that since a Calabassas dealership was suppose to open during this initial startup.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Calabasas?? First I heard about that one. Guess its not opening? My ZIP code runs all the way up to Mulholland and meets theirs, but its a long way around the mountains to get there. Hope they assign me to Beverly Hills.

Last edited by spdickey; 01-08-2008 at 12:18 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:37 PM

Wow, LA county is looking at an allotment of 1500+ with the west covina site allotment includeed. That is alot of smarts. Here's to moving up the delivery chain schedule
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Third party info also has Laguna Niguel with 600 cars. So here is the simple Math 54 dealers 32400 cars alloted for 2008.

First year: 600 cars

Second year: 750 cars

Third year: 900 cars
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamernotwatcher View Post
Third party info also has Laguna Niguel with 600 cars. So here is the simple Math 54 dealers 32400 cars alloted for 2008.

First year: 600 cars

Second year: 750 cars

Third year: 900 cars

You can't put the Los Angeles allotments on all the dealers nationwide. Many dealers will be getting well south of 500 cars next year.

What we do know is California is about 20% of nationwide confirmations. If smart ends up with 25,000 deliveries this year, that means CA gets 5000 car, or 555 cars each for nine dealers. Leaving the other 40 or so dealers with about 500 each.

Your estimates will vary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode