Smart Car of America Forum banner

bird droppings stained my car...........

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  SmartChip 
#1 ·
hello smart people..bought my passion last october and a few weeks ago noticed bird droppings which i immediately wiped off with water and a very soft cloth..much to my dismay, i now have permanent light red stains from the droppings (white car)...has anyone had these problems? i just can't imagine why this should be happening..i am very upset and getting no where with my dealership..would love feedback...:(

#7 ·
hello there;
believe it or not, if i had purchased the environmental warranty package, i now know i would have been covered and the panels would be re-placed..i do not recall that one of the issues discussed was bird droppings, acid rain, yes...

#9 · (Edited)
Kipling. First action on organic stains should always be Hydrogen Peroxide. HP only attacks organic material, and does a great job on bugs and bird droppings.

We use it on a regular basis on our Smartie, and it never leaves a trace.

Buy at Wal-Mart @ sixty cents a bottle. :) (BTW, HP is the main ingredient in "Oxi-Clean") A2Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.