Smart Car of America Forum banner

How to reset Airgbag light

25K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Evilution 
#1 ·
My smart car airbag light came on recently. I have been playing with the seats lately and that could be the problem i suspect. I would be grateful if any body has any tool to reset the airbag light, or know what the possible problem and solutions are.
Is there any connector in the airbag computer that i can short or open to do reset the airbag light. Don't hesitate to discuss technical terms.

Please help to reset my smart car airbag light.
Thank you

#2 · (Edited)
Just a guess, but your car may be trying to tell you something. There's a thread here concerning faulty connectors and the airbag (SRS) light: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f89/srs-light-new-wiring-harness-14066/

However, you can always reseat all of the underseat connectors and then disconnect the battery which may reset the light. If not, it's a potential safety issue and the car should go to your smart center for a fix. Just my .02. :)

#4 ·
My smart car airbag light came on recently. I have been playing with the seats lately and that could be the problem i suspect. I would be grateful if any body has any tool to reset the airbag light, or know what the possible problem and solutions are.
Is there any connector in the airbag computer that i can short or open to do reset the airbag light. Don't hesitate to discuss technical terms.

Please help to reset my smart car airbag light.
Thank you
in our car, mercedes changed the whole wiring harness and the airbag light still came on. after a year with this problem, a mechanic cut out the plug under the seat and soldered the wires not using the plug anymore.
that fixed the problem, the light hasn't come on since.

#5 ·
I have no knowledge of smart in particular concerning this, but on my other German cars, it takes a special tool to reset the airbag, a totally different tool than the one to reset stuff in the rest of the system. I am sure our Evilution guy will have the answer, but I bet it is a special tool other than the OBDII type most people have lying around. If it is not, than yippee, as that will be one less thing to buy after the warranty is over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.