Smart Car of America Forum banner

Key ring

13K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Evilution 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a Smart Car key ring? Not the ones in the Dealerships- but any other designs? Thanks..:D

#24 ·
The price of gold make the cost of jewelry to go way up, when it does less people buy and you start to lose the economy of scale. Marginal or part-time (small) vendors move on to something else as there just isn't the same money in it. Look, I didn't say it WAS the problem, just that it could have been a factor -- check out the question mark on my comment -- It mean I was just thinking out loud. You don't buy it, fine whatever, it's not worth arguing about.

I just interjected it because since the prices of precious metals has gone up, I haven't done near as much gold-smithing as I was doing when it was cheaper. You can only push so much price increase onto the customer before they just quit buying. The whole business has been hit pretty hard by the jump in prices, that's the only point I was making. I don't KNOW that's what happened, but it's not unreasonable. Then agnia, they might have just been flaky. No way to know for sure.

One thing you can do, if you think you have reasonable hand-eye coordination is order some green carving wax from Rio Grande jewelry supply. Carve what you want, and you can then take it to a jeweler to get cast. When I didn't have access to my casting equipment I've done that a couple of times (carved a setting for my daughters wedding ring that way and just had it cast and the stone set (I don't set stones -- that's a whole other skill)).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.