Smart Car of America Forum banner

OBD Code B1152 with SRS (AIRBAG) Light Illuminated

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Ant1233 
#1 · (Edited)
OBD Code B1153 with SRS (AIRBAG) Light Illuminated

Any one else seen this code, or knows what it is? My friend put it on a machine, but could not ID it because the code being a smart specific code. Benz Dealer wants $180.00 to read it. Thanks in advance.

JQ

#3 ·
SRS control unit fault code B1152-The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/27 (Driver's seat belt force limiter) is too low.

The guided fault finding entry for that code has one disconnect the electrical connector from the part and substitute a test resistor, then clear the fault and see if it returns. If not, the component is faulty. If the code returns the component is reconnected and the harness disconnected from the control unit to test the resistance of the entire circuit from there. The correct plug is 2R7 and the pins in question are B.17 and B.18. The specified resistance of the circuit is 1.6 to 5.2 ohms.

Now what? Don't ask me, I don't know either. What I do know is the component list for the SRS system in ALLDATA shows no such part designation for a smart model 451. My suspicion is that whatever tool read out the code gave a false return on the data inquiry. In other words, a false code. I would recommend a scan with a different scan tool with smart-specific software to see what you get.

This points out that having a fault code does no good without knowing in which system it set, whether it is valid for the vehicle in question as well as having repair information to locate the relevant components called out by the alpha-numeric designations.

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the reply. I have an appointment for it on Friday at an independent here in Sucramento. I think the code may be smart specific, as I founf that code for Isuzu with a different fault. Needs to be on a smart specific machine I believe. I will check back in on Friday.Here is a shot of it, inverted for some reason beyond my understanding. I like this car ALLOT more than I thought I might.

Attachments

#8 ·
SNAP ON Reader

Today my SNAP ON dealer used his demo tool on my 2012 smart fortwo PASSION Cabrio, and came up with the B1153 code, but a different fault.

SRS control unit fault code B1153 - The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/27 (Driver's seat belt force limiter) is too low.

Just as written previously. I recently purchased and installed a new drivers side belt, purchased from the the dealer here in Sac. I will have to check the pins and ohm out the circuit, go from there.

JQ

#9 ·
Had access to another Snap-on ETHOS-PRO OBD Code reader, which has most modern car software installed. Code still the same, ringing out both the connections on the NEW driver seat belt force limiter, with perfect .0001 readings, so I focused on the wiring, and saw normal readings for ringing out a circuit of the type. Focused on the connectors, as there is ALLOT of info leading back to them, troubleshooting these systems SRS codes. Also focused on the lay of the wiring, which are routed very poorly, and terrible bends/kinks considering the importance of the system the are in. Corrected the lay and routing, and cleaned the connectors. Ran the system through another scan and no SRS light. Not sure which was the actual problem, but I suspect a wire was not happy.

However the problem is now corrected without a trip to the dealer, which is a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.