Smart Car of America Forum banner

Skyline Drive Fall Foliage Drive

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  wrumbarger 
#1 ·
Haven't heard of anyone doing a group drive down Skyline Drive in Virginia yet and I don't like last minute notifications so here goes, my wife & I will be doing the Skyline Drive ride on Oct 24, 2015. As per past foliage rides we're eating breakfast at the Front Royal, Va Cracker Barrel restaurant at 9AM on that Saturday and will leave after we eat a leisurely meal. We'd love to have company so any & all smarties are invited. Lunch will be at a BBQ spot we know of on rt 33 and then everyone is free to find their way home.

#4 ·
If I come, I will bring my liter and a half gas bottle.
That should get you 15 miles...

If I come, I will be staying at Holiday Inn, Blue Ridge Shadows, and will get two queens.
Other bed would be up for grabs.

Return would be to Holiday Inn Express, Waynesboro, with a return Sunday morning,
Again, other bed would be up for grabs.

#7 ·
Relocate Thread "Skyline Drive Fall Foliage Drive"

Art,
Can you edit the original thread and move it from "Community > smart General Discussion and move it to either Mid Atlantic Region under DC smart or Heart of VA? Either is fine to promote this event in our Region.
Thanks.
Bill

#9 ·
In addition to having enough fuel, do not forget the $20.00 entrance fee.
I turn 62 in December and for $20.00, I can purchase a lifetime pass online.
National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass - Senior Pass $10.00 plus $10.00 processing.
This is a lifetime pass for U.S. citizens and permanent residents age 62 and over. The pass provides access to, and use of, federal recreation sites that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.