post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Red Rocket
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Someone please hack this traction control demon! 453

Had a miserable experience in what I consider minuscule amount of snow this weekend. While I haven't installed Blizzaks yet, I didn't feel we've had enough snow to worry. Took a run up to the Upper Peninsula to catch some snow with the sled. My brother was able to drive my truck and trailer up earlier.

This traction control is so invasive, it just shuts you down even in minor snow. I had to be pulled into the cabin drive and then pulled up the minor hill on the road.... talk about embarrassing!

Pulling the fuse does not disable the traction control, it will still shut the power down to the wheels. My 2008 was a beast in the snow with Blizzaks and the Traction Defeat triggered. Hell, I pulled a sled over 400 miles with that car on unplowed roads and driveways!

Does anyone have Russian connections that might be able to hack a solution?

The old Smarty never gave up......even in deep snow.

Last edited by jimvw57; 02-14-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: deleted reference to God and added 453 for clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,123 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Garage
I watch my son with his 2017 jeep Patriot (2wd) and he has to shut off the traction control quite a bit, but he has a switch on the dash for disabling it. I think it would be a good option for the smart. I was stuck on ice on my neighbor's driveway. Perfectly flat and I couldn't move. How embarrassing!
The Following User Says Thank You to jimvw57 For This Useful Post:
smartyone (02-15-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode