Smart Car of America Forum banner

Wiper Blade Length

39K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  JazJon 
#1 ·
My 2010 Pure has the original wiper blades on it. As I prepare to replace them I've checked various wiper blade manufacturers' catalogs, and they all state the blade length for the drivers side is 22 inches and 21 inches for the passenger side. However, when I measured them the passenger side is 21 inches long, as stated in the various catalogs, but the drivers side blade measures 23 inches long, not 22. Thoughts? Thanks.

#4 ·
Bought Bosch 220E and 240E at Walmart and realized that the driver's side was much longer than the OEM. I felt uncomfortable about this and returned the wipers. Today I had TRICO blades installed by Advance which were the same size as the OEM.
I don't like larger blades on the car for the simple reason is that they cause more drag on the little motor, especially when the rain subsides.

#9 ·
blade length for the drivers side is 22 inches and 21 inches for the passenger side. However, when I measured them the passenger side is 21 inches long, as stated in the various catalogs, but the drivers side blade measures 23 inches long, not 22. Thoughts? Thanks.
We got the Bosch 24OE ICON Wiper Blade, 24" and the Bosch 22OE ICON Wiper Blade, 22" for little money and tax free from Amazon.

These work perfectly and look the exact same as the originals.

#11 ·
We got the Bosch 24OE ICON Wiper Blade, 24" and the Bosch 22OE ICON Wiper Blade, 22" for little money and tax free from Amazon.

These work perfectly and look the exact same as the originals.
I put ICONs on 3 years ago and they are still working great! Of course CA is easy on Blades as there is not much weather here and the car is garaged when not being driven:D

#10 · (Edited)
What's the maximum length we can go?

This guy said he put 24" on both sides with no problems (different thread)

The wipers I removed were 23 1/8in and 21 2/8. I put on the Bosche wipers and so far no issues using 24in on both sides. $14.47 a blade. The Wally World book says to use 24OE and 22OE sizes, but the cost is the same regardless of size, so I went bigger.

I want my blades to clear the dirt patch behind the rear-view mirror so a DashCam has clear recordings. It doesn't rain that often in San Francisco so don't mind the extra drag wear and tear. I just want maximum whip'age

DashCamTalk Forum • View topic - DIY Bracket for Dash Cam discrete installation behind mirror

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.