Side window visors... - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[quote
Took 8 years for someone to make these parts for the 450, you are all too impatient [/quote]

didnt take the USA 8 months to come out with exhaust systems. intakes, side scoops, wheel adapters, window tint, springs, sway bar mods, reasonably priced trailer hitch, etc...

:-)

Last edited by donnyonee; 08-01-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Supporting Tuner
SCOA Club

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jesus, we had all that stuff a few months after the original 450 was released, I'm talking about odd things that very few people and Americans want, like these vents and cruise control.

The new 451 stuff is just rehashes of the old 450 stuff, inventing something new is hard, reinventing something is easy. All that stuff you mentioned was available in Germany before we even got the smart, almost a year before the Americans got it.

"USA came out with tinting the smart" LOL, good one.

Reasonably price tow hitch. Again, that is a USA thing, Europeans aren't really into towing as much as you. USA companies will sell more so can bring the price down, couple that with your Dollar not being worth a great deal...

www.evilution.co.uk - The home of 451 mods, fixes, ideas and information.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Quite happy with my window vent visors. Had 'em for 3 years.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 AM

Window visors

There is an outfit in Taiwan that can supply window visors for the 450 (600,700 and 800cc) and they state they will fit the 451 (1000cc) as well.
Because I have less than 3 posts I cannot post links to the site. Just do a search for S-Smart and look about 2/3 down on the 2nd page of exterior parts for the 450 model Smart.

Hope this helps.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Thanks smrt rod! We just seen that site yesterday and are thinking about purchasing them. Has anyone else actually tried them yet? And if so, how do they work as being stuck on the tridon safety cell?
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Window Vents

Hey Nicholas,
They don't work as well as vehicles that have a frame around the window but they do allow you to leave the windows down a bit for ventilation. If it's a gentle rain and you're driving around town that seems fine as well. I don't know about the fitment on a 451 but they fit very well on the 450 and I haven't had any issues with the adhesive tape used to hold them on as of yet.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Thanks for the information smt rod, very much appreciated!
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 02:22 PM

hello. I too have been looking for these rain guards. while on smartusainsider.com, a person directed me to the same s-smart.com website. he said he has them on 2 of his 451s "and they work pretty good. See the problem with our smarts is that there is no window frame to mount a traditional rain guard to. The s-smart guards actually sit above the glass on the cars safety shell. If you do get them, play around with placement first, as they have to be high enough for the glass to pass underneath them but no so high as to be ineffective." he ordered them fro that site & said he got them w/in about a week. I haven't ordered mine yet.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Irish Rover
SCOA Club

Garage
Window Visor

Mine came from Taiwan, they work well. Here's the site
S-Smart Moto Shoping Mall [SMART專用品]. Only took a week to arrive, I have some pic's in my gallery. You have to be a little careful on the installation, I opened the door as I applied them. Easy to judge and adjust the height that way.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing this info about these and about S-Smart.

I too had an easy and speedy experience with S-Smart. On May 20, 2009 I purchased a radio frame & surround piece to add a 1DIN radio to my smart as well as the "Back Mirror with light" from S-Smart Moto Shoping Mall [SMART專用品] for my 450. The parts arrived very well packed on 29 May 2009. Glad to see others are having good experiences.

The side mirrors with indicator lights are very cool and feel like an OEM part as far as fitting and looks.

I'd like to ask some advice in regards to the lights in the mirrors.

The side mirrors with lights have both orange LEDs and white LEDs. The white are to be used as a side marker (parking lights, some call them) while the orange are to obviously blink with the hazards and turn signal.

Currently I have one mirror rigged up to flash all LEDs (white and orange) when the turn indicator or hazards are on. The other mirror flashes the orange LEDs with the indicator while the white LEDs come on when I turn the light switch to the parking lights and headlights.

Which way should I go? Here is a short video to help illustrate:

Side Mirror Options on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks a ton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode