Smart Car of America Forum banner

Time to order your new 453

13K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Miss Mercedes 
#1 ·
OK Folks

I know that many of you are anxiously waiting to custom order a new 453.

My dealership just got the word that is it now possible.

We are requesting a signed buyers order AND a $1000 deposit.

Unfortunately, ONLY 453 hard-tops are available (the convertible will come later).

If you are in/near the Washington DC area, we want your business.

#30 ·
I'm beginning to fear what the MSRP is going to be. A month from launch and there's no mpg data, no crash test data, no pricing, not even a confirmed release date.

There's a press drive sometime this month starting in Portland...smart USA is so quiet that not even the Portland dealer knows about it.

I mean I know automakers are slow to release information, but smart USA has pretty much just fallen asleep behind the wheel.

Reactions: chieftmc
#8 · (Edited)
I have some that are due to be built in late June and I was able to change specs on those (our 1st allotment). I have about 10 more due to be built at a later date that are 'changeable' too! So, you should be able to spec out what you want!

*** Also in defense of the other dealership, we charge 10% deposit on all our cars (Smart, Sprinter & Mercedes-Benz).

#10 ·
Your confusing two different post. Someone previously posted their dealership will order one for $,1000 deposit and a signed 'purchase agreement'. Then there were a few surprised or shocked responses, thinking that was too much.

I stated that it was indeed very fair, as we won't order a car for less then a 10% deposit and a signed 'purchase agreement' for all three of our brands. There have been zero complaints and I am ordering 4-5 cars a month (Mercedes-Benz & Smarts).

MSRP on a 2016 453 Smart Pure is $14,650 + Destination charges.

#14 ·
I realize the 453 was the brunt of the conversation however you introduced the 10% deposit to order a new vehicle at your house. That would also apply to ED orders, right?

If you have orders on the books for the 16 EDs your customers might be as frustrated as Eloder and they put down more for the ED since it costs more.
For the coupe here in Canada that would roughly $2700 put down if the same 10% was required. That's a fair bit of coin shelled out and anyone at your place or any other dealership sitting on that money and no product coming, might have others, like Eloder a tad upset.

Maybe any ED order customers at your shop don't care, or maybe your lucky enough not having any orders outstanding and been caught up in this delivery fiasco.

#21 ·
Is that unofficially official? What's your confidence level in that date? Before your crystal ball goes dark, when will a Brabus 453 be available?
Yes, unofficially official. Granted 'spring release' is vague. But, it wouldn't make sense to launch the Cabriolet at any other time. Since the EV is tied into that launch, seems it will be a tandem launch. No word on availability on the Brabus. I will admit the silver one in the spy shots look very intriguing!

#29 ·
Given my brief history with the Smart shenanigans, I have doubts that this spring will feature EDs in our showrooms. Sure they might be showing them in the spring to help create interest, but I the fall would be my bestest guess!0:)

Another factor to consider could be the acceptance of the ICE version. Lots of interest and orders might delay the ED a little. Just saying.

#31 ·
After seeing the item in Automotive news about the ED's coming as late as 2018 I went to their site and spotted something under the Smarty search. MB US is not going to import the Forfour, only the Fortwo.. To me that makes sense as there are too many small four door cars already and some are way better than others.

#32 ·
From Automotive news...
"The Smart microcar will continue to be a niche product in the U.S. with annual sales of about 10,000.
Management has chosen to sell only one car here -- the miniscule ForTwo and not the four-seat ForFour. There's concern there wouldn't be demand for a tiny four-seater.
ForTwo: The redesigned ForTwo two-door car goes on sale in November. The 106.1-inch length stays the same.
The ForTwo has a turbocharged, three-cylinder 898cc engine with 89 hp mated to either a five-speed manual or a new six-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The new front axle was adapted from the new-generation Mercedes C-class sedan from parent Daimler.
The ForTwo will be freshened in 2018.
A plug-in electric version goes on sale in 2017."

#34 ·
Oh wow, I didn't know this wasn't in General. :sorry:

On topic: We're about to reach mid-month. sUSAi's Admins haven't added any additional info. Out of curiosity I called out to my local dealership. They're accepting "reservations" despite not knowing a single thing about the 453. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.