View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 12:35 PM
SmartCarDan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerrobcc4 View Post
Just found out that my dealer, Smart Center of Buffalo will not be offering future Smart brand sales but will continue to offer service for their customers
I got Buffalo's remaining 2017 inventory delivered to my dealership to sell from here in Lynnfield, MA. I have helped some of Latham/Albany's former customers get their new electric smarts shipped to their homes and then they are able to get service at their old smart dealers when needed. I'd be happy to help any of Buffalo's clients as well and arrange transportation. A few of Buffalo's clients have already reached out to me about future business, so thank you for your support of the brand and I look forward to helping you.

NY state has a rebate on electric cars, but ONLY if the customer purchases from a NY dealer. With Buffalo and Latham gone, that only leaves MB Manhattan. I have had NY clients know this and still choose to pay more to buy from me in Lynnfield, MA and get the new car shipped to them. To those clients, thank you for your business.

CT has the same rule (must buy/lease from a CT dealership to get the state rebate) but CT doesn't have any smart dealers left, so CT customers are left out and have no method to claim their state EV rebate on a smart. CT makes an exception for TESLA buyers since they don't have "dealerships" in CT, so I asked the state of CT to make an exception for smart car buyers but they denied my request.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome