Smart Car of America Forum banner

Cancel service needed notice

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  martinbrown7643 
#1 ·
How to reset/cancel service needed notice on a late model(2017)? This car DOES NOT have a dash board button to reset trip meter as depicted on videos etc. which tell how to do it 2016 and back. I've scrolled through the menu and tried several different things, including of course the reset menu and turning the key off/on, off/on, off/on. ?????????

#7 ·
Here's a video on how to reset the service counter on a 453 model smart: Smart 453 | Service-Intervall zurückstellen / Service Reset - YouTube
Here are written directions:
from SCoA thread: https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f441/453-maintenance-due-dash-reset-112401/#post1281193
As someone said on that thread, thank you soooo much. I missed that posting somehow. Thanks again.

Anyone know what maintenance is required at 16,000 miles besides oil & filter change and fluid level checks?

#8 ·
Anyone know what maintenance is required at 16,000 miles besides oil & filter change and fluid level checks?
This would be a good question to start in a new thread (so it doesn't get hidden by the "Cancel service" title of the thread. Be sure to mention in that new thread when the last service was done (both by mileage and by month/year). For example, the oil and filter may not need changing at 16,000 if it was replaced at 10,000, but it would need to be changed now, regardless of mileage, if it's been 12 months (if using the OEM oil or one on the approved list).

I see you joined SCoA almost a year ago in May 2018. Did you buy your 453 around that time, and was it new or pre-owned? This information will help determine if you're on Service A or Service B (see your smart car maintenance booklet that came with the car).... changing engine air filter at 24 months but not necessarily at 12 months depending on if there's dusty air quality in your driving area, for instance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.