Smart Car of America Forum banner

Invitation to join scoa flyer?

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Suze 
#1 ·
Howdy all.

Happy Holidays.

Back in the summer I recall seeing someone had a nicely done (3-to-a-page) flyer that you could slip under a smart's wiper to invite them to join SCOA?

For when you are in a parking lot and see a smart you don't recognize?

Now, I can't find the thread?

Any help appreciated

#4 ·
rrrucke

Found this post from rrrucke - is this what you're looking for?

Drive: '08 Cabrio
My SCOA Gallery
It's been less than a week since I took delivery and mainly people ask, "What type of car is it??" So on Day 2 of ownership, I came up with a small flyer (I get three on a page) and I put them under my wiper in a clear plastic envelope with the words, "Please Take One". It answers most the gawker's questions while I'm away from my smartie. I also hand them out to people who come up to me as I approach the car and are about to leave. I smile and tell them, this flyer will answer most of your questions and if not, it also points them to these websites: smartUSA, ClubsmartCar.com & SCOA. It's been working like a charm and I can get away without a lot of fuss.

#5 ·
rrrucke

Found this post from rrrucke - is this what you're looking for?

Drive: '08 Cabrio
My SCOA Gallery
It's been less than a week since I took delivery and mainly people ask, "What type of car is it??" So on Day 2 of ownership, I came up with a small flyer (I get three on a page) and I put them under my wiper in a clear plastic envelope with the words, "Please Take One". It answers most the gawker's questions while I'm away from my smartie. I also hand them out to people who come up to me as I approach the car and are about to leave. I smile and tell them, this flyer will answer most of your questions and if not, it also points them to these websites: smartUSA, ClubsmartCar.com & SCOA. It's been working like a charm and I can get away without a lot of fuss.

I believe that was a flyer about smart the car not scoa the club. There were quite a few user-made flyers with smart stats floating around before smartusa made the (glossy type) available from the dealers.

I've never seen and don't remember the thread about scoa flyers. Great idea tho. :D I was thinking even busines-size cards with the web address and a quick hello would be fun to slip under windshields or hand out to other smart owners.

#7 ·
I have what you are looking for. It originated with a man in the UK. It is in word format so that it can be modified. If one of the moderators will pm me I will send it to them so that it can be put on the forum as a down loadable and modifiable document, which I can't do.

#8 ·
while on the subject of the flyers...Madame SINNER, president of the Indiana club and I have been talking about the same issue, but our idea was to give some of the flyers and/or business cards to our local dealers, Max and Walter, so they can give to the new owners of smart cars....anything that can and needs to be done to keep the smart family together is a win win situation.....my 1c..

jetfuel

#19 ·
... but our idea was to give some of the flyers and/or business cards to our local dealers, Max and Walter, so they can give to the new owners of smart cars....anything that can and needs to be done to keep the smart family together is a win win situation.....my 1c.. jetfuel
I hate to be a fly in the ointment, but I think jetfuel has the best idea.

My reasoning: I hate to see flyers under my windshield wiper. I crumple them up and throw them away, unread. That's how we do things in SoCA.

If you can get the dealers on board with your local group's promotions, you "welcome" people to the "family", at a time they are already excited with the delivery of their new car. Put a flyer into the owner's package? Great!

And if you can use your own car as a promtional tool, with the "TAKE ONE" display on your windshield, that's great too. Members of our group have used this technique successfully. The more smarts you have in one area, the more attention you'll get.

I'm all for building the group, but the last thing I want to do is tick someone off right off the bat.

And that's MY 2c! :D

#18 ·
I barely EVER see a Smart parked - very occasional.

I do see them driving quite often - I'm talking about ones that I don't already know the owners of. Bad thing is, they are oblivious to ANYTHING EXCEPT whatever is directly in front of them. I mean, I practically drive by with BOTH arms flailing wildly out of my window with my abnormally muscular upper torso hanging half out as well while steering with my feet and my Area451 cruise set at the speed limit yet they still drive by, both hands on the wheel, eyes straight ahead. OK! I MAY HAVE EXAGGERATED that last part just a little - they might not have both hands on the wheel. :)

#20 ·
I've made up personal business cards for my club and post them on smarts when I see them.

That being said, because there isn't a connection between SCOA and smartusa the dealers cannot officially support us from a legal standpoint. Atleast I don't think they can. Schembri is supposed to attend the Orlando dealer party on 8-8-09... I'll try to remember to ask him about it.

#22 ·
..well let's see...SCI open house gave us a sugar high and then lead the way for a 25 car ride to our outing ...Walter was the MC...
...Max was the other SCI rep for another outing were chili was served. Not as much of a high but the aftermath was not pretty...LOL
The involvement of the local dealers is well presented in most of the clubs meetings IMHO...where else will they get that kind of exposure and free advertisement?
I do believe they will be up to it.

jetfuel

#24 ·
OK, Not a flyer, but I made some business-size cards today. Mine have my contact info and "screen name", but this one is blank.

It's not as crisp as I'd like, because I don't have access to any good editing tools. :rolleyes: It works for me, because I could quickly do it myself and now I have something to hand to people!

#25 ·
Okay, here is what I worked up for myself, based on the original posted earlier (click on the image for a bigger view):

I print them 4 to a page on card stock, and keep them with the smart-provided flyer.

I do have this in PowerPoint, if anyone would like a copy - makes it easy to change the name...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.