View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
08-4-2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSOEMiller View Post
I don't think the ForTwo will be allowed. Plus, I heard on the radio yesterday that the DOT is thinking about making some of the car pool lanes near LA toll lanes
A couple of years ago, I made a temporary career change and found myself with a traumatizing commute. (I felt like a lab animal that gradually numbs out and becomes accustomed to pain.) Despite the fact that the carpool lane was incomplete and may have caused more misery and smog than it solved, I checked into the sticker thing. I called the DMV in Sacramento and was transferred around and ultimately talked to Mr. Sticker (obviously not his real name, which I can't recall); but he was solely responsible for administering the DOT's program in California. Perhaps a tad cynical, he said what most people don't realize is that these stickers are only good through 2008 and it will be up to the DOT whether or not they will renew the privilege.

It's not that I'm opposed to carpooling. It just often isn't practical with people's different after work activities or responsibilities. If they limit stickered cars, it's going to be a real waste having that under utilized carpool lane.

Up here, they aren't contiguous and exist primarily where they are least needed.

Last edited by 08-4-2; 01-17-2008 at 11:24 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome