Smart Car of America Forum banner

Hampton Roads Meet and Eat - Jan 2010

8K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  WMEEK_4_2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hampton Roads Meet & Eat-Jan 30, 2010 @1PM

Boy, oh boy, has it ever been quiet, so lets take it up a notch. How about a meet and eat in Jan, date TBD?

I know Arthur in Hampton has been trying to push things along, and, a few Southside folks have been playing, but, not a who lot of participation has been going on.

Suggestions are:

1. Meet at VA Bch smart center and then head out the lunch.
2. Meet and Eat in Norfolk, or P-Town.
3. Meet and Eat in Williamsburg and see if we can get the Richmond folks to come play.

Toss some ideas up and I will take the point to make it happen.

#2 ·
1st Annual SMART Car Nationals-The Place to Be is in KC

Kansas City, MO June 11th, 12th, and 13th of 2010

"Come get a taste of KC with your fellow smart car owners
Local tours and events, Local BBQ, SMART car product sales, service, and installs will be available"

For the folks which would like to attend this, however, their resources, long distance driving abilities, other half or work, makes it challenging. This would be great practice for an event similar, to be held in our Mid-Atlantic Region on the same weekend.
Thoughts???
The 9th, 16th or 23rd weekends are good for me.

#7 ·
It might be out of the way for most but May 8 there's a Native American Heritage Festival at Occoneechee State Park. Easy to find, just follow rt 58 west. It will have indian dancing, crafts, food and other stuff. If you've never been to one (also known as a Pow Wow) you don't know what you're missing. Bring a camera. It would definitely be an all day trip. There's a flyer on the Occoneechee SP web site under their calendar of events.

#26 ·
New Member, New car, see ya at drive in

Hi. I have a SMART on order from Carmax and will have it by the 19th, so I would love to be at the drive in. So that's two more. Ron and Tammy.

It's a black w/ silver Passion coupe. 2008. By the way, were there any major differences between 2008 and 2009?

#28 ·
Hi. I have a SMART on order from Carmax and will have it by the 19th, so I would love to be at the drive in. So that's two more. Ron and Tammy.

It's a black w/ silver Passion coupe. 2008. By the way, were there any major differences between 2008 and 2009?
To find all about the differences between the 08 and 09 Model years you are just gonna have to show up at the meet and eat. :D

#30 ·
I am interested in the Saturday unch in Norfolk. It is sometimes hard for me to get in on this site. I am sure it is operator error. If there is a change in date or time, will someone please email me at rramsey@cwf. If not count me in for 1p.m. Saturday January 30th at Doumar's in Norfolk.

Roz Ramsey
If there is a change I will e-mail ya!

Bch Smart + Spouse = (2)
Astuto + convivo (2)
ArthurRW + Spouse = (2)
bluedeuce
WMEEK_4_2
Avian H
cardenron + Spouse (2)
Roz

looks like 8 smarts /12 people so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.