Smart Car of America Forum banner

Smart car sightings - Mid Atlantic

38K views 246 replies 62 participants last post by  gstreetcomic 
#1 ·
Ok
So I saw a red cabrio on the Washington Parkway near BWI on Saturday May 3rd (North Bound) and a red passion ( I think, it may have been to cold to put the top down) Sunday on the Fairfax/Springfield parkway. :cool:

Here in Charlottesville I just get to see my friend's yellow cabrio.

#218 ·
New Jersey Silver Coupe in DC (cherry blossoms)

Howdy all
I was cruising through the cherry blossoms on Sunday afternoon in my Blue/Black Cabrio and met a Silver Coupe from New Jersey?
Said Hello, He came from Cherry Hill Dealership, I work at Tyson's Corner?

anyone on this group?

Nice meeting other smart people on the road

#219 ·
Had one of the better Smart sightings yet. I was coming off if 495 onto Gallows Road ( headed toward my home) when on the corner of my eye i spot a sliver Brabus at the stoplight. I am thinking it was a coupe, or maybe a convertible, all i know that it was the first of the Brabus cars i seen on the road. I blasted my horn a number of times and waved at the guys in that car, and not only was i seen, the driver gave me a thumbs up, i gave one back at them.
If that is anybody on this group, nice to see one of those on the road, and if you can let me know, how do you like it compared to the regular Smarts? Oh one more thing, after a visit to my doctor whom literally stuck it to me ( blood-work) that was a nice sight indeed.

#220 ·
It wasn't me, but the only "real" difference between the For-two and the Brabus is the suspension and wheels. But only going on the test drive of the Passion that I tested and the Brabus I bought, the Brabus handles better. The ride is about the same.

Wilkins

#221 ·
I was finally IN my smart when I had a sighting... I always seem to be driving something else when I see one, so I don't overenthusiatically respond (though I geek out inside, lol).

I've seen a red (the orangey-red and believe silver) on Mountain Road and Lake Shore Drive in Pasadena 3 times now... I've even gotten calls from friends asking if I changed my car as they've seen it too. Good to see another "regular" in the dirty 'dena after a year! Also spotted a grey 450 at the 7-11 gas station at Mansion House and Mountain a few weeks ago as I was heading out of AutoZone in my brothers truck (the big green booger).

#223 ·
We have been visiting in the Bethesda/Chevy Chase area since Saturday. We did not see any other Smarties until Monday night. We saw another one (blue) in the parking garage on Tuesday. We were surprised that we did not see more. In Williamsburg there are at least 7 different Smarts - 2 others in my subdivision alone - so seeing other Smarts is not a huge deal.

We drove through Kenwood to see the cherry blossoms and our little Smart was a big hit there. People waved at us, stopped us to ask questions, and took our picture.

#224 ·
Had a really great Smart sighting and it was in the parking lot of my church during a play we do every year called "The day he wore my crown" depicting the last days of our lord and savior jesus before his resurrection. I had posted a link to their site on another forum subejct. Anyway, this car was an all Black Passion coupe with 30 day tags bought from Tysons Smart center. From what i saw it had a black interior, but it was a fast look as i am in the play as a pharasee, and my cue was not too far off.
If that describes anybody here, hope you were moved by the play, and by the way, come out and see it if you can. It goes on until Good Friday.

www.capitalbaptist.org

BTW i told this to all my co-horts in the church who know me well, and yes some of them did their little jokes. HA HA, but to see another Smart in the parking lot of my place of worship? Priceless.

#226 ·
I was at the HomeDepot this afternoon in Fairfax, at West Ox and Lee Hwy. As I was leaving I saw a blue Smart in the parking lot.

When I saw the wheels I knew whose it was even before I saw the plates

So Gstreetcomic what where you doing at my HomeDepot???

I waited around a bit, but had other stops to make.
Always great to see more Smarts on the road, and parking lots!!!

FUN SMART

#228 ·
I do want to note a Smart sighting i had last night at the Merrifield complex where there is an x-sport fitness center off of Gallows road and then saw it drive down Gallows to route 50 and then down Prosperity Rd. It was a Red and Sliver 08 cabrio with the Virginia vanity tag "Red Fish". I did give a friendly toot but never got to wave at ya. If this is anybody here, just wanted to say hi.

#232 ·
hey dont think your the only one in beautiful anne arundel county we got a blue/silver cabriolet and we cover the glen burnie (burnout) area by millersville . hope to see more than the white one we see at the exxon all the time by my house . look out for us we are all over on the weekends steve and arlene

#236 · (Edited)
Nobody has posted to this thread in a while, i guess Smarts are getting more common in the DC area, but i had a really interesting Smart sighting today. It was going on 123 in the Tysons area, and not only did i get to meet this what i thought was a burgundy Smart turned out to be bungee red for a BMW i recall, but this person is from Oregon, an active member on this forum for that matter who goes by the user name John_H. Think i am yanking your chain, well i have photographic proof in my member gallery titled G Street Comic Meets John H. It was a good time, and what a car it was. :D
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=10622&catid=member&imageuser=15034

#238 ·
Not only did I see the blue/silver smart on the road in Vienna on Sunday, but today while heading into Home Depot, I run into a blue/silver smart miles from that other encounter. It was gstreetcomic again!

I remembered the handle when we exchanged stories and info on that very cold Sunday shoulder so the meeting was even a more pleasant experience being someone I already knew existed. To bump into him again today is just outrageous! I spent most of my smart's life in Oregon, traveled to Florida - my base in my job search - and am visiting the Northern Virginia suburbs for a few days. While here, I've run into gstreetcomic twice!

Very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.