Smart Car of America Forum banner

North caravans - Omaha

16K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Buzzz42 
#1 ·
Please add your name to this thread if you plan on meeting in Omaha and caravaning on to KC. :)

#6 ·
Sounds like a good meeting point for the Northern Caravan

Still in the "wait" mode for smart USA to get the word out. At that point I hope smart center LaVista will become the jumping off point for the short drive to KC. :)

If you can get the smart center in LaVista on board I think the Canadian group from Winnipeg could possibly meet anyone in the area for a group convoy into KC.

Let us know if this is going to happen so we can plan the first portion of the trip to enable a good meet time...

#8 ·
LaVista Smart on Board

I spoke to Andrea at LaVista Smart. She is going to send out a survey to all of the smart car owners and see if they are interested in going to the Nationals and whether they want to leave on Thursday or Friday. She committed to get it done by April 15th.

We discussed meeting at the dealership between 1:30 and 3:00 on that Thursday for refreshments and then starting down to KC about 3:00.

Hopefully that will work for the Candanian Smarties.

As we get closer I know that they will want an estimate.

Hope this will get some more interest in the North Caravan

#10 ·
I spoke to Andrea at LaVista Smart. She is going to send out a survey to all of the smart car owners and see if they are interested in going to the Nationals and whether they want to leave on Thursday or Friday. She committed to get it done by April 15th.

We discussed meeting at the dealership between 1:30 and 3:00 on that Thursday for refreshments and then starting down to KC about 3:00.

Hopefully that will work for the Candanian Smarties.

As we get closer I know that they will want an estimate.

Hope this will get some more interest in the North Caravan

Sounds like a plan Omahanut. If leaving LaVista Smart at 3:00 p.m., what time would that put us into KC at the hotel??? (I know it would depend on traffic, but approximately). I will try and herd the cats here in Winnipeg and find out how many would like to join up in LaVista.:rolleyes: We tentatively plan on leaving Winnipeg on Wednesday morning and driving through to either Sioux Falls or Sioux City for Wednesday night. Then into KC on Thursday.

#13 ·
It should take about 3 hours from LaVista Smart. The only traffic should be once we hit I-435 outside of Kansas City.

In speaking with the other possible smart caravaners (sp) we would like to get out of La Vista a little earlier, say around 1-2 p.m. so that it puts us into KC just before dinner. Gives us a chance to check in and search for a bar!!!! If we are staying in Sioux Falls the night before, it appears to be only a 3 hour drive to La Vista and we could easily be there around 11-12 noon on Thursday.

#18 ·
I just had an e-mail fro LaVista Smart that indicated they had been in contact with the Winnipeg Smarties.

If you are interested in the caravna, we will be meeting at 11:30 for brunch and then leaving at 1:00 for KC. If you are interested they want you to email Ckadlec@smartcenterlavista.com so they get a count on how much food to buy. Hope to see everyone there.

omahanut: Just talked with other smarties that are heading to KC from Winnipeg and nobody from La Vista has contacted any of us??

We will get a head count as the time draws closer and advise La Vista the numbers from Canada. Thanks for the update and email address...

#20 ·
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Is there a contact I can give LaVista Smart?
Omahanut:

I have been in contact with Christina Kadlec of La Vista smart center and have advised her that 4 cars (eight people) from Winnipeg will be at the La Vista center on June 10 for the caravan into Kansas. I will let her know if that number increases before we leave. How many do you expect to join the caravan at La Vista?

Thanks

smartsquirt

#22 ·
Underwhelming response for meeting at La Vista

Hi Omahanut:
Too bad....we Canucks were hoping to meet a bunch of Smarties at the Dealership. Maybe some of the locals would come for a visit over Lunch hour just to see a couple of our Limited Editions...one Brabus 10th Anniversary (1of 10 made) and a Limited 3 Cab (1 of 60 Made).
These models were not available to our U.S. friends so I thought your locals might like to see them....Just a thought!
Anyway, we are excited about our journey and the KC experience
See you next week
Regards
DONNIEDARK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.