Smart Car of America Forum banner

Placing your order at mysmartfortwo.com

56K views 139 replies 65 participants last post by  fts1966 
#1 · (Edited)
As you have heard, the order placement process has begun and I am more excited to place the order of my Smart Fortwo then I was to see Britney Spears make a fool of herself on the latest MTV Video Music Awards.

While I have yet to receive my invite to confirm and place my order via mysamrtfortwo.com, I am pleased to present you the process at which you will place your order, made available to you by one very helpful SCoA member, Wizco who was lucky enough to receive his login information and nice enough to document the entire step by step process for everyone here at Smart Car of America.

Enjoy!

Step 1: Login in with the appropriate username and password provided to you in an email from Smart USA.

Step 2: Enter your zipcode to verify your initial $99 reservation.

Step 3: Confirm your personal information.

Step 4: Choose your desired model.

see next post...

See less See more
#118 ·
Perhaps a dumb question....

I have lost the e-mail for my configuration. I have configured (back in November 07) but I was interested in seeing if I could go back into the system and make changes.

Is there a science to the login / password? I don't want to call the lovely receptionists if I can help it. I just have no clue anymore if it was totally randomly generated or if it made sense (i.e. first half of your e-mail address with your driver's license last four digits.)

Thanks!

#119 ·
Username is the email address you used to order
Password is usually a 6 digit #.

May be in your history / autocomplete if you go to the website.
Try it?
Regardless, I bet your time-window has ended so you may have to call them to see if it's even possible to do what you want to do.

#122 ·
Thanks everyone! I guess I am not too worried about that e-mail after all since 10 days are loooooong gone! I did find it odd when I did confirm that I got the e-mail one day and they called me the next because it had been almost 24 hours and I hadn't responded. My husband and I just hadn't had the chance to sit down together and look at the amenities, but they were quick to call to ensure we did it.

#128 · (Edited)
I registered on the forum. It asked me a bunch of questions about the kind of car I wanted. I blew through these questions because Im not sure what I want, I just wanted to register so I can post and figure all that stuff out. I didnt pay no $99 so Im fairly sure that wasnt the real smart car reservation process. Where do I go to actually reserve a smart car along with the $99?

I went to mysmartfortwo.com but there was no registration link there.

#131 ·
2008 or 2009?

Go to smartusa You can register there. There is a question as to which model (2008 or 2009) that you are registering for if you register now. I emailed smart and my local dealer and asked. I will post their reply if I get one.
Hmmm. I just placed my reservation on the 17th and I don't recall being asked which model I wanted. Did I miss something? :confused:

#132 ·
DebbieKat:

There is a question as to when the cutoff is for receiving a 2008 model. Smart USA isn't telling yet, but have said that they have more reservation than they can make in one year. People are just trying to figure out when the cars they registered for will be delivered, and if they were tardy in reserving **- will they be on the list for a 2009 model instead on a 2008. I have asked my dealer who says they are checking into it, and will let me know. I have emailed smart USA but they have not replied as yet, though they have emailed back with answers to other questions that I asked the same day.

mini me

#133 ·
I just placed a reservation today - yellow/black cab - and the dealer told me there was no way I'd get a 2008. He told me to figure about 18 months unless I found an orphan but did say that the price as configured when I reserved the car would be honored whether it was a 2008 or 2009. Has anyone else been told that? TIA - sheureka

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.