suncoast Smarts Update... The website has been updated!!! - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
suncoast Smarts Update... The website has been updated!!!

Sent via email... if you would like to be added to the email list please let me know.

Good evening!!!

It’s been a while and there are a couple of things I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of.

First off, Jenn has redesigned suncoastsmarts.com… it’s still a work in progress though as we’re working on the store area and some other stuff as we have time.

Second… The First Annual Out smarting The Dragon Weekend will be held at The Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee/North Carolina on September 25th, 26th and 27th. For those not familiar, the Tail of the Dragon is an 11 mile section of US 129 where it crosses from TN into NC… THERE ARE 318 CURVES!!! It’s an amazing drive!! If you’ve seen a car commercial on a curvy mountain road chances are this was it. Jenn and I ran the dragon in January and it was fantastic.

There will be a caravan starting on the 25th starting from the Tampa area and picking up smarts from all over Florida and Georgia on the way. Currently there are 89 smarts signed up. More information can be found at http://www.digitalgreenman.com/totd.html.

Starting in September, I’ll be starting to schedule some events again. First will likely be a Sunday drive in Central Florida … The trip to Sanibel/Captiva will still happen but I’d like to wait for the heat to break a little more before we head down there. I’m also looking to do another group picnic… I’ve found some new spots to have it at. If you have a suggestion for an event please let me know.

Hope to see everyone at The Dragon!!

Bill Hitchcock
Suncoast Smarts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:24 PM
He's not mine
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,626 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Garage
Tail of the Dragon

What time of day are y'all planning to embark from the Tampa area, and how long do you expect the trip to take? It looks like over 700 miles from Tampa. Just wondering.

I hadn't seriously considered signing up before. Now I am.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
What time of day are y'all planning to embark from the Tampa area, and how long do you expect the trip to take? It looks like over 700 miles from Tampa. Just wondering.

I hadn't seriously considered signing up before. Now I am.
Originally sent via email... if you didn't get the email and want to join just let me know!!

Good evening everyone!!! You’re receiving this email because you’ve signed up for the Out smarting The Dragon event and you live in West Central Florida or Georgia. For those who are interested we’ve setup a caravan for September 25th.

The caravan will stop approximately every 2 hours for stretching/restroom breaks and fuel as well as picking up additional drivers from different areas as we get closer to the Dragon. There is another group planning to caravan from the Daytona Area of FL. If you’d like contact information for that group just let me know.

The schedule is as follows. These are times that we will be leaving. Please plan on being at the stop 15 minutes prior to give us time for logistics.

7am – Rest Area on North Bound Interstate 75 at Mile Marker 348(Just south of Ocala). This will be the staging point for all smarts from the Tampa and Orlando areas. (This has been pushed earlier to get us to the Dragon before dark if possible… we were looking at a 7pm arrival)

9:30 – TA Truck stop at Exit 2 in Georgia off Interstate 75.

12 noon – Warner Robbins/Macon. GA. Bill Roberts if you could scout this for a good fuel stop/lunch break. If there’s a nice truck stop in the area please let me know.

3pm – Wal-Mart at 2795 Chastain Meadows Pkwy, Marietta. This is just off exit 1 of I575 and will give smarts in Atlanta a chance to join up. It also keeps us from stopping in the ATL. J

5:30 - 6pm – Microtel at Robbinsville, NC!!!!

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. Hope you can join us!!

Bill Hitchcock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode