For Sale: 451 Curt Receiver Hitch w/Euro 2" Ball and Wiring Kit (SOLD) - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
451 Curt Receiver Hitch w/Euro 2" Ball and Wiring Kit (SOLD)

Sold.

Brand new Curt exposed hitch with 1 1/4" receiver. Also included is a Euro style 2" ball/stinger and the correct wiring kit from Curt for a four flat plug. Never installed. I bought this for my '09 Passion and never installed it, then sold the car. I'll box it back up and ship UPS Ground. Actual shipping costs to buyer once I know your shipping address. I have a discounted UPS account so it hopefully won't be horrible, but local pick up or an arranged meet up is always welcome too!

I do not know if this will fit a 452 or 453. I do know it fits 451s from 2008-2015 per Curt's web site.

I am located in Tupelo, MS. I go to Memphis every now and then, so that's easy. I'm willing to meet you half way if it's reasonable for other directions.

If you want a specific picture, just ask. It's a little dusty from being in storage in the pics. Also the wiring pic, Euro ball pic and hardware pic as well as the pic of the hitch w/white background are borrowed from Curt's web site, just to show what comes with it all. I forgot to take a pic of the Euro hitch before boxing that up, but can if you really want to see the actual item. Looks just like the picture. :-P

$100 plus actual shipping, if applicable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curt 3.png
Views:	19
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	41356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Curt 4.png
Views:	19
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	41358  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curt5.jpg (24.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Curt6.jpg (25.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Curt 1.jpg (50.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Curt7.jpg (20.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Curt 2.jpg (26.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by EricV; 02-16-2019 at 03:03 PM. Reason: sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Forgive my ignorance. Is that everything one would need to tow a trailer? Just wire it up to the break lights and bolt it down and good to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Brand new Curt exposed hitch with 1 1/4" receiver. Also included is a Euro style 2" ball/stinger and the correct wiring kit from Curt for a four flat plug. Never installed. I bought this for my '09 Passion and never installed it, then sold the car. I'll box it back up and ship UPS Ground. Actual shipping costs to buyer once I know your shipping address. I have a discounted UPS account so it hopefully won't be horrible, but local pick up or an arranged meet up is always welcome too!

I do not know if this will fit a 452 or 453. I do know it fits 451s from 2008-2015 per Curt's web site.

I am located in Tupelo, MS. I go to Memphis every now and then, so that's easy. I'm willing to meet you half way if it's reasonable for other directions.

If you want a specific picture, just ask. It's a little dusty from being in storage in the pics. Also the wiring pic, Euro ball pic and hardware pic as well as the pic of the hitch w/white background are borrowed from Curt's web site, just to show what comes with it all. I forgot to take a pic of the Euro hitch before boxing that up, but can if you really want to see the actual item. Looks just like the picture. 😛

$100 plus actual shipping, if applicable.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it's everything you would need to tow a trailer. The receiver hitch can accept a normal 1 1/4" ball mount, (stinger), or the Euro style that comes with this one. The included Euro 2" ball would allow you to tow any trailer with a 2" size. This includes the hitch, mounting kit specific to the Smart For Two, Euro style 2" ball mount w/ball and the Curt wiring kit for the Smart For Two as well. Install this and you're all ready to go with lights and hitch. Just toss your trailer on, plug in the trailer four flat wire plug and drive away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:24 AM

Cool. You ever find yourself in Nashville or even better Clarksville?
Quote:
Yes, it's everything you would need to tow a trailer. The receiver hitch can accept a normal 1 1/4" ball mount, (stinger), or the Euro style that comes with this one. The included Euro 2" ball would allow you to tow any trailer with a 2" size. This includes the hitch, mounting kit specific to the Smart For Two, Euro style 2" ball mount w/ball and the Curt wiring kit for the Smart For Two as well. Install this and you're all ready to go with lights and hitch. Just toss your trailer on, plug in the trailer four flat wire plug and drive away.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

You never know. I'm heading up to Memphis in a few minutes. Nashville isn't that big a deal, but it would be nicer if you would meet half way somewhere. Where are you? Clarksville?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:58 AM

Yep, I'm in Clarksville. Can you give me a shipping quote please. Let me know if you need the full address.
Quote:
You never know. I'm heading up to Memphis in a few minutes. Nashville isn't that big a deal, but it would be nicer if you would meet half way somewhere. Where are you? Clarksville?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

It would help to have your shipping address to be more accurate.

Sold to Igor. Thanks!

Last edited by EricV; 02-16-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode