For Sale: smart OEM rear compartment tray (liquid tight) - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
SOLD: smart OEM rear compartment tray (liquid tight)

SOLD: On offer here is a smart OEM rear compartment tray. This is a smart sourced part, not an aftermarket one, and unlike the tray offered by the omni-present Weathertech folks, it is a perfect fit in the rear compartment.

(In the photo, the tray is seen sitting atop the tailgate of our black on black smart 451 Passion coupe. The car is not included in the sale...)

The tray is formed of black thermoplastic sheet, and is held in position by hook components of hook and loop fasteners on the bottom. It has a raised lip around the entire tray. It will not be deformed by the tail gate (unlike the poorly sized Weathertech product), and it will completely contain small liquid or solid spills. It wipes clean, and can be hosed off if desired.

When properly fitted into the rear of the vehicle, the hook components hold the tray perfectly in the middle of the compartment, with neither the tailgate nor the compartment flap of either the roller blind or the net and divider setup interfering with the tray. The tray can easily be removed for cleaning if desired.

The other common tray for the smart (the Weathertech one) both cost more (a LOT more) and does not fit well, with the rear gate in particular deforming the lip of the tray.

(I have used Weathertech products for many years, but their tray ofr the smart was the first item that proved to be a real disappointment. Weathertech can talk all they want about their "laser measurement" system; the tray that they were selling for the smart 451 coupe in 2010 simply does not fit the rear of the car. I don't know if it was originally intended for the 450 or not, but it doesn't fit. This one does.)

Purchase price for the unit is $40 plus shipping to your location; shipping to be determined once sale is contracted for. Contact me here by private message.

Once purchase is agreed upon, I will hold the item for your purchase for 5 working days pending receipt of your certified check or postal money order (probably the best way to do it). I will also (reluctantly) accept Pay Pal, if that is what you prefer.

Once payment is received and cleared, I will ship the item to you by the means agreed upon. This one may fit in the large Priority Mail Box; if so, that is how I will ship it.

Last edited by Terry Stibal; 03-06-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Item sold as of 03/05/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,522 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
PM sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwight For This Useful Post:
whoadale (03-04-2013)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interested in Compartment tray

Terry, I PM'd you at 5 this morning but now I see that it probably didn't go thru since I haven't written enough messages. States I can only PM to staff until I have 3 messages.
If this isn't too late, I'm very interested.
Sandie Rosenthal in
Louisburg, NC
2013 Cabrio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,522 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Well, you were up earlier than I was - you got there first.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode