Mid-West Smart Summer Rally - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Midwest meet

We would love to be involved with a Midwest meet. Please let us know when you plan to have it. It would be great to meet all the Smarters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's something that could help us plan at Wis Dells
Wisconsin Dells Online Guides
post #23 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:00 PM

If you guys are going to meet up there, you might look at May 16-17 2009. 'Automotion Car Meet'. Looks like mostly muscle cars, but wouldn't the sight of 50-75 SMART CARS showing up really be the main attraction? My guess is YES!

Last edited by Old Panda; 12-08-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: may have underestimated the possible turn-out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:10 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Pleanty to do in the Dells year around but the summers are great. Lots of hotel rooms, Luxury or budget. Those that know each other and are traveling great distances may want to look into some of the MANY family suits/condo's available to split with others.

Oh and their is camping availalbe as well.

Something to remember when planning an event like this, THe Harleys move in by the Thousands Sept 11-13
http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6061947/i/Tom_Tradewell_Packet.pdf

Last edited by forestacademy; 12-07-2008 at 02:34 PM.
post #25 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Thanks for the map, Suze....I guess SCOA has a definition of their own for the different areas of the U.S.

For instance, I never considered Montana as a 'West Coast State'. I thought the main criteria to being a 'coast' state is that you have a COAST!

Montana and Idaho....West Coast? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
post #26 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,522 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
This may not be accurate down to the last mile but it appears the center of the Midwest region is somewhere in Iowa:

post #27 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
Thanks for the map, Suze....I guess SCOA has a definition of their own for the different areas of the U.S.

For instance, I never considered Montana as a 'West Coast State'. I thought the main criteria to being a 'coast' state is that you have a COAST!

Montana and Idaho....West Coast? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
Woah! Panda - not a SCOA statement, just Suze sharing her google skillz! Personally, I never thought N Dakota, S Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas were Midwest.
I think SCOA is happy to divide the map in any way the community wants!

In any event, I have family in Wausau, so I'm still up for a meet at Wisconsin Dells. - See! my zippy might even be blue by the time I drive 1923 miles to sleep on my cousin's divan! (Divan = Midwest speak for sofa, couch)

BTW - Pacific Northwest is often described as Oregon, Washington Idaho and British Columbia (CA). And sometimes Montana and Utah. Man, that is a lot of real estate!

Last edited by Suze; 12-07-2008 at 05:39 PM.
post #28 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
my zippy might even be blue by the time I drive 1923 miles to sleep on my cousin's divan! (Divan = Midwest speak for sofa, couch)

BTW - Pacific Northwest is often described as Oregon, Washington Idaho and British Columbia (CA). And sometimes Montana and Utah. Man, that is a lot of real estate!
Ok, I've lived in what I thought was the "Midwest" nearly my entire life and I've NEVER heard of a "divan". Now when I was a kid, another name for sofa, couch was a DAVENPORT! Maybe "divan" is some kind of "Duck Slang" for Davenport?

And for the record, I agree with your description of the "Pacific Northwest", but that's NOT the same as the "West Coast". Montana and Idaho are NOT on the "West Coast". Well, unless an earthquake has dumped a few states into the Pacific.....:eek:
post #29 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Closed

Quote:
Ok, I've lived in what I thought was the "Midwest" nearly my entire life and I've NEVER heard of a "divan". Now when I was a kid, another name for sofa, couch was a DAVENPORT! Maybe "divan" is some kind of "Duck Slang" for Davenport?

And for the record, I agree with your description of the "Pacific Northwest", but that's NOT the same as the "West Coast". Montana and Idaho are NOT on the "West Coast". Well, unless an earthquake has dumped a few states into the Pacific.....:eek:
Ya got me LOL-ing here! Dontcha think Divan is short for Davenport??? No, guess not. Sorry, never lived in the midwest, just visited folks!

And that's Beaver slang to you!

And I agree - there are only 5 states that claim a west coast on the Pacific.
post #30 of 394 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
If you guys are going to meet up there, you might look at May 16-17 2009. 'Automotion Car Meet'. Looks like mostly muscle cars, but wouldn't the sight of 25-30 SMART CARS showing up really be the main attraction? My guess is YES!
I went to the Automotion Car Meet this year a very good show. And the Giant killer all by himself created quite a commotion. The best car there was a Nash Metropoliton with a blown small block chevy. The Dells would be a great place. Plenty of things to do and places to stay. But I will go where ever you decide. I traveled 5 1/2 hours to go to the last get together in Minneapolis.
And I think 200-300 smarts would be even cooler! I think they have delivered over 200 out of Milwaukee alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode