Maybe Jeff or sharkdog were taking notes and can chime in; here's what I remember:
1) Will Smart ever add the Yellow panels back in the lineup? Possibly as a limited run "value package" in the future.
2) Will we see better warranties that fall in line with all the other manufacturers in the industry? Not a firm "No!" but Dave S. explained the reasoning behind the pay as you go warranty but did offer to revisit the warranty issue.
3) When is the earliest we will be able to reserve the smart ED? Production EDs will be 2012 models; about 300 cars for lease in selected areas will be here in 2010.When the reservation system is opened up for the ED, current smart owners will be given priority.
4) When, if ever, will we get a diesel smart? No date; turbodiesel option is one way to do it but there would be a price and the scale would have to be profitable. Might involve getting a commitment from enough owners to justify small production runs. All of this is just discussion at this point, nothing even close to firm.
5) When, if ever, will a factory cruise control be available? How much? Funny story; question was asked, Dave S. mentioned his engineers told him there were wiring issues. Steven from SmartieParts offered to discuss it with Dave and did so. All I know - maybe someone else has more info.
6) When, if ever, will the mhd or gas turbo be available? mhd isn't coming - not enough fuel savings to justify it. Don't think gas turbo was mentioned [unless as part of a full Brabus option was talked about?]
7) Is there a final fix for the gearshift problems (stuck in P, can't find R, etc.)? Not discussed.
8) Will smart offer other wheel/tire options? No answer; Dave S. saw all the aftermarket wheels on various cars but the smart USA position is each mod to the car would require another series of safety tests. That's why smart doesn't just sell the Brabus wheels - you have to buy the whole Brabus package.
9) Not really a question, but small requested factory features/changes that would make a difference: cargo area lighting, quieter purge valve, single-handed/one control release for the tailgate, USB-port equipped Premium stereo, Premium stereo able to read WMA files, seat-back reclining control on outside of seats, seat belt height adjusters and less finicky belts (grab too easily), variably intermittent wipers and a more 'compliant' wiper stalk control, rear hatch handle. Not discussed.
10) upgraded trip computer for MPG and other measures? 2 votes Not discussed.
11) Will we get a fix for the gas gauge problem (registering 7/8 when filled)? 2 votes Not discussed.
12) A real gear shifter and clutch pedal? 1 vote Not discussed.
Hopefully others can add to this; several other questions from the crowd got asked and eventually Jeff had to cut off the discussion so Dave S. could catch a flight to Germany Saturday evening. He did mention there is an upgraded radio package from Kenwood in the works that will have three levels of radios and be integrated into production smarts at some point. They should be available to upgrade earlier year 451s also.