Chicagoland smart sightings! - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Chicagoland smart sightings!

(other than of course at either of the two Chicago area smart dealers) I like the L.A. groups thread on local 'smart sightings' and as I've only recently seen one on my travels close-in around the 'burbs thought I would start-off.

We saw a blue/black tridion coupe with new IL temporary tag and a Knauz dealer info plate on the front near the intersection of Palatine and Ela road in Palatine/Inverness this past weekend!

The last 451 smart we saw was a few weeks back in NW Indiana on Rt. 65 which also could have been someone on this forum (silver/black tridion coupe).

Please post other Chicagoland smart sightings (and photos if you get one) as I would hope this will become a more regular occurence. We hope ours will be here soon but seeing others around is encouraging

Last edited by E SMART; 04-21-2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally saw my first smart in the wild. I have had my silver pure for two months. I have put 1400 miles on it and have still not seen another smart.

I finally saw my smart. It was a red (orange?) convertible at the Costco in Naperville. Perhaps not the right car to buy a gross of toilet paper from Costco with, but I was happy to finally see another one out there!

JPK
Silver w/Black Pure
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=jpkherd;63180]I finally saw my first smart in the wild...

I finally saw my smart. It was a red (orange?) convertible at the Costco in Naperville. Perhaps not the right car to buy a gross of toilet paper from Costco with, but I was happy to finally see another one out there!

Hey, I think that was the same one I spotted on IL-59 in Plainfield! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
In Buffalo Grove - red/black passion

I saw my first smart parked in someone's driveway (possibly a forum member?) on my way in to work in Lincolnshire. It was a red/black tridion passion coupe on a side street off Thompson Blvd in Buffalo Grove. As we're getting our smart this Saturday, if I see it again I may put an info sheet on their windshield to share some forum info (unless of course they're a forum member already??). Loeber shipment that included my car was 15 so have to imagine a few more folks should be getting their cars?
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 AM

smart sighting NW Indiana

I have seen a yellow and black fortwo twice in Porter County in the last couple of weeks on I94 and Hwy 20. Same color as the one I am expecting in June.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
SCOA Club

I'm in Naperville and just finally saw another SMART down the street! It is a red and silver cabrio (possibly the same one sighted in Costco mentioned here). I have the red and black passion.... So! Hi Neighbor (if you're aware of this forum)!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
only one so far...

i saw one smart about a month ago, white with black cell on st. charles road at rt 53. i've had my solid black pure a bit over 3 months now (first shipment at loeber/lincolnwood) outside of mine, i have seen only one since i left the dealership. it's kinda lonely out here.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I spotted a smart about 7 years ago parked off of Clark street, I freaked since I knew it wasn't available in the USA at the time, someone must have imported it.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:23 PM

I have seen 2 in the past couple weeks on Rte 12 near Lake Zurich and Palatine - a yellow/black and a black/black - I honked and waved.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SMART View Post
(other than of course at either of the two Chicago area smart dealers) I like the L.A. groups thread on local 'smart sightings' and as I've only recently seen one on my travels close-in around the 'burbs thought I would start-off.

We saw a blue/black tridion coupe with new IL temporary tag and a Knauz dealer info plate on the front near the intersection of Palatine and Ela road in Palatine/Inverness this past weekend!

The last 451 smart we saw was a few weeks back in NW Indiana on Rt. 65 which also could have been someone on this forum (silver/black tridion coupe).

Please post other Chicagoland smart sightings (and photos if you get one) as I would hope this will become a more regular occurence. We hope ours will be here soon but seeing others around is encouraging
Most likely you saw me in the silver / black smart in Indiana. I've only seen one other smart in the "wild" also, it was a yellow / black one on the North side of Indianapolis, going through McDonald’s drive through so I stopped quick to just say hello and shake his hand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode