Smart Car of America Forum banner

East caravans - St. Louis

21K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  gmasters 
#1 ·
Please add your name to this thread if you plan on meeting in St. Louis (great name for a movie) and caravaning on to KC. :)

#10 · (Edited)
It's way to early to tell if I'll make it or not. At current rate, I'm not leaving til Friday morning. Put me down as a maybe.

Count me in! For those spending the night in St Louis, where are you staying?
If you want a hotel, I'd suggest the Drury inn at Olive and I270. Right next to the smart dealer, and fairly close to a proposed meeting spot.

bpsmart and bride. what day place and time are we meeting?
They're not sure yet, but I've talked to the people at our smart center Creve Coeur (Plaza Motors) and they are thinking of a pre-caravan get together at Creve Coeur (Lake) park. Maybe a bbq lunch or a Caravan Launch party. Parking is very limited at the dealer. Parking is better at the park but being a nice day in summer parking there is limited too.. we'll see. They'll likely reserve the pavilion there. Time is TBD, but you can guess if they have a BBQ, the caravan won't be leaving til after lunch hours.

#11 ·
Still waiting for the announcement to the smart centers from smart USA(?) that will let them know this is "official." It's good to see at least one center is getting involved early. Staying near the center is a good idea; looks like about a four hour drive to KC so leaving around 1:00 pm should work out pretty well.

Any volunteers to be the STL area coordinator for this? :)

#13 ·
Might want to think about the departure date; the Nationals kick off Friday morning; the idea is to have the caravans arrive Thursday evening (or late afternoon) so folks can sign in, get into their rooms and be ready to go first thing Friday. Realize this won't work for everyone but that's the general idea. :)

#14 ·
Ah, we Saint Louis natives never refer to our home town by the name "Saint Louie". Seeing as how you are coming from Chicago, we'll forgive you this time. But, watch it in the future.

It's sorta like calling Louisville KY "Louis-ville", rather than the generally accepted "Louie-ville" (or the more au courant "Luha-ville". It quite simply isn't done.

#28 ·
Count us in. We do not have a place to stay in St. Louis yet. Let us know if everyone is going to stay at the same place. We have to make sure we make it to Cunetto's on the hill for a meal. Best Italian food around. Been going there for 20 years every chance we get.

#35 · (Edited)
Just for info, we were told smart USA has e-mail addresses for about 85% of their buyers. Not sure why they don't have 100% but that would explain why not everyone will see the e-mail from them. :)

Update your info at smartUSA, if you have access (beta test site) ( and I do not have access to log in)

https://owners.smartusa.com/Login.aspx?url=HTTP://owners.smartusa.com/Mysmartfortwo.aspx

otherwise, I understand the local smart centers have the email addresses.

I wonder if the list was from their list at smartUSA or only those linked to the insider....just a thought on why some of the owners did not get an email.

#37 ·
Hopefully we will leave early enough on the Thursday to not have to rush getting into KC, leaving time for a few stops along the way.

I think tentatively I am going to aim to be in St. Louis around dinner time on Wednesday. 700 miles about 12 hours drive for me. I will get to try out my new cruise and remap on the trip.

Unsure of where I will book a room for the night, have to research what is available.

It appears that not much has officially been planned for St. Louis at this time, I guess?

Is the 1 pm meet at the local smart dealer still in effect?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.