Smart Car of America Forum banner

Head count - St. Louis

27K views 74 replies 17 participants last post by  jwight 
#1 ·
Time to start getting details together; if you're planning on leaving via St. Louis check in here. See you in KC! :wave:

#15 ·
Fortunately, we have an enthusiastic owner in St. Louis who's working caravan arrangements and will have some details shortly. Unfortunately, plans don't involve the smart center as they have opted not to participate. :)

#18 ·
Anyone care to take a guess about what time they plan on leaving St. Louis on Thursday June 10th? Coming from Michigan I can take the high road through Iowa or the low road through St. Louis. My plans based upon my other half's work schedule is to leave Ann Arbor around 5am, passing through St. Louis around 1 or 2pm (CDT).

#20 ·
Fortunately, we have an enthusiastic owner in St. Louis who's working caravan arrangements and will have some details shortly. Unfortunately, plans don't involve the smart center as they have opted not to participate.
Maybe someone ought to e-mail Jill and mention that they're not wanting to participate. That's not very good PR for a company struggling with their sales. :mad:

#22 ·
If anyone is interested, Expedia.com has a La Quinta near Westport Plaza and about 5-10 minutes away from the Smart center for about $32 a night. It's an older hotel but the staff is pretty good and a decent breakfast in the mornings. It's also 200 feet down the street from Bandana's BBQ restaurant, which I think is the best in St. Louis. We'll be there from Sunday night til Thursday to visit my sister and see a few sights.

#23 ·
If anyone is interested, Expedia.com has a La Quinta near Westport Plaza and about 5-10 minutes away from the Smart center for about $32 a night. It's an older hotel but the staff is pretty good and a decent breakfast in the mornings. It's also 200 feet down the street from Bandana's BBQ restaurant, which I think is the best in St. Louis. We'll be there from Sunday night til Thursday to visit my sister and see a few sights.
Thanks for the info; online they are 61.75 to 65/night. How did you get the 32/night rate?

#26 · (Edited)
St. Louis hotel headcount

Time to get serious; here's the hotel for St. Louis:

La Quinta Inn St. Louis Maryland Heights
12330 Dorsett Rd
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
United States of America

The hotel is near the Kemp Auto Museum and we'll have a chance to visit their Mercedes Benz collection prior to leaving for KC on Thursday afternoon.

See post #34 for latest details.

See you in KC! :cheers:

#30 ·
Chesterfield is a more affluent part of the St.Louis metro area, so don't expect anything under $60-70 a night. Besides that, it's about 8-10 miles further outside the city which would make site-seeing a little more time consuming. The La Quinta is an older hotel but nice and cheap and it's right near Westport plaza with plenty of dining, bars and nightclubs (including a comedy club), and has more than enough shopping for the ladies.

#31 ·
Caravan to KC

We would like to participate in the caravan. We will be arriving in ST Louis from central Illinois Thursday, staying at the Embassy Suites near the airport. We need specific times/place so we can be there to meet for the drive into KC. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be dining at Cunetto's on the Hill in St Louis Thursday evening........our very favorite Italian restaurant, Great food and reasonably priced. Anyone else interested????

#49 ·
Cunettos

We would like to participate in the caravan. We will be arriving in ST Louis from central Illinois Thursday, staying at the Embassy Suites near the airport. We need specific times/place so we can be there to meet for the drive into KC. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be dining at Cunetto's on the Hill in St Louis Thursday evening........our very favorite Italian restaurant, Great food and reasonably priced. Anyone else interested????

Cunetto's ! Count me in ! That is by far my favorite resturant in St. Louis. My good friend Tammy has worked there for years. Well well worth the trip.

Google Image Result for http://www.cunetto.com/images/photos/cunetto_building.jpg

#32 ·
Caravan

Hello fellow smart owners from smart Center Creve Coeur. Many have asked what we have planned for the caravan. We can provide refreshments/snacks here at the dealership, And there is a Drury Inn and a Applebees next door for those interested. Our parking situation is very limited but if you have a count of how many cars there will be we can try to arrange something.

Thanks,
smart Center Creve Coeur

#34 · (Edited)
La Quinta is the lowest price available

Kyle checked yesterday and no other hotels would meet their rate; $43.41 total for one night. Bedbugs included! :D

La Quinta Inn St. Louis Maryland Heights
12330 Dorsett Rd
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
United States of America

Book through Expedia to get the rate mentioned above.

Plan so far: arrive Wed evening on your own schedule. Wed night is open.
Thurs morning: breakfast, cruise down to the Arch for photos: 8 - 9:30 a.m.
Cruise back to the Kemp Auto Museum by 10 a.m., tour their Mercedes collection.
Assemble at smart center Creve Coeur by 12:30 for a 1 p.m. departure to KC. :)

#39 ·
sharkdog1986 actually found the hotel. :)
That's okay, it doesn't matter who finds the info as long as it help out those who are planning to come in.

I think Thursday at 1 pm. would be a perfect time to take off from St.Louis as we should get in K.C. just before heavy traffic hits. Since the smart center is right next to Applebee's, why not just set up our lunch around 11-11:30 to allow time to order so we can make sure to leave out on time, any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.