Any 1240's Got Their Smart? - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Angel, you must be a 'double dipper,' since you already HAVE one, right?

And did the mechanical issues ever get resolved? Hope so!

I was a 1239 (reserved 5-24-07) but fortunately I received my Smart on June 5... It has everything to do with your location. Fewer buyers here in the Midwest I guess. Makes me wonder what would happen if you had chosen a less-busy dealer to deliver it. Maybe you would have gotten yours sooner.

But as bad as the wait is, once you have your car, it's sooooooo worthwhile! At this point, I don't even remember the wait! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Update: Still no Smart, but I did get the 90 day email from SMART on Friday....hoping for end of July which would put me 14 months reservation to delivery....:woohoo
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 AM

My 1406 is within 30 days, hopefully Angel will get her car soon! Amazes me how timing varies around the country with todays transportation infrastructure.

Last edited by DFWehman; 07-13-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 AM

Mine is 1243 reserved May 27 or 28th 2007 and havent heard anything.
DDE is still set from Novembder to January 2009. Amazing how slow this process is and how the delivery varies around the country. If I would have known this was going to be this bad I would have just walked in and bought an orphan without all the aggravation. I would have had to hunt down a dealership that didnt gouge $2500 and over for extra add on crap thats not needed or wanted or what I feel is BS add ons like "Clear Coat Protection" and Under body "protection spray" please this is not a snow filled city with salt on the roads where the rust is going to attack my little smart.

My location SO-CAL Universal City/North Hollywood Location probably one of the worst for delivery time frames and amount of reservation holders within this area in my own opinion. Dealer might be top notch (Minus their gouging) and sales people might be great only talked to a few times. So kind of hard to judge just yet. But the delivery hold up is a real *****! Looks like a 16 to 18 month is going to be the standard if you live in the SO-CAL Area especially the San Fernando Valley. Ill be very surprised if I get my smart before the year end.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtown View Post
Have any res# 1240's got their Smart's or been contacted by the dealer about delivery?
Update: Dealer call yesterday and I pick my Smart up on Monday. My DDE date is currently 7/6/08 which is the date I got my 90 day email from SMART USA. I called 800-SMART and they were very helpful, NOT, said to expect my car in 90 days, just like the email said....Dealer did not know delivery date until today. Total wait time almost 14 months. Hang in there all....
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 05:14 PM

Update: 60 Days within my final DDE date now and still havent heard anything from anybody. No emails no phone calls. Called the dealer and they still dont have me on their list of upcoming deliveries. Looks like it will forsure be a solid 18 month wait for me from my reservation date of May 2007. Still need this car but the experience the way this all played out for those reserving after me sure has spoiled the experience of buying the smart. Probably for many still waiting that reserved early in 2007 that are still waiting that just happen to live in well populated area. And no for all those smart asses out there saying "you'll forget all your pain of waiting when your driving your new smart". Please spare me the pep talk. This has been a **** experience waiting and watching this unfold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f15/any-1240s-got-their-smart-7829/
Posted By For Type Date
Smart Car Reservations on Smart Car Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback 08-25-2008 10:56 PM