April 6th Reservation, got confirmation - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
April 6th Reservation, got confirmation

My reservation was put in on April 6th, and on Nov. 20th I got a call from Smart to ask why I had not confirmed. I never received the e-mail, and they re-sent it that day.

I confirmed my Blue/Silver Passion, with everything but the leather seats. I sure hope there is some way to get the other items in that Package without leather...

I'd also love to know how many other Central Texas people are already confirmed...

Happy Holidays to all,

Jeff
Austin TX

(Sorry I also posed this in the wrong "New Members" forum.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Senior Smartie
SCOA Club

Congrats, Jeff!! You have the same car as I do except I opted for the leather......Welcome to the forum and Happy Thanksgiving!

John
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLAustin View Post

I'd also love to know how many other Central Texas people are already confirmed...
Great Info Jeff. I'm in San Antonio and I don't think we are getting a dealership so I will probably share yours... WOW almost eight months from reserve!

I didn't reserve until late September and I don't have confirmation yet. IT will be interesting to see how all this pans out for location allotments -vs- reservation order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Last four digits of your reservation number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLAustin View Post
My reservation was put in on April 6th, and on Nov. 20th I got a call from Smart to ask why I had not confirmed. I never received the e-mail, and they re-sent it that day.

I confirmed my Blue/Silver Passion, with everything but the leather seats. I sure hope there is some way to get the other items in that Package without leather...

Happy Holidays to all,

Jeff
Austin TX
Jeff,

Congratulations! Hope mine is soon too.

What was (is) the last four numbers of your reservation number? Mine is 1213 for 04/28/2007.

Thanks & glad to hear they called so you didn't drop out of the loop.

BTW - I'm doing my Smart the same colors as you with all equipment and leather.

Chassol

Last edited by Chassol; 11-22-2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Add BTW
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 03:14 AM

SnakeFarm

Because the "road show" has a San Antonio stop I am certain as big as SA is you will have a Smart Center dealership...

Contact the folk down there that "hosted" the road show...odds are they are the PAG Dealer in your area... My Gut tells me that if Dallas, Houston and Cent Tex get a store, I see plenty of reasons for San Antonio and El Paso to also be sites
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredvon4 View Post
SnakeFarm

Because the "road show" has a San Antonio stop I am certain as big as SA is you will have a Smart Center dealership...

Contact the folk down there that "hosted" the road show...odds are they are the PAG Dealer in your area... My Gut tells me that if Dallas, Houston and Cent Tex get a store, I see plenty of reasons for San Antonio and El Paso to also be sites
I tried to slueth this out about a month ago. The San Antonio MB dealer told me they "did not plan on carrying the brand" in the kind of east-cost accent I always mock when trying to convey snobbery but never dreamed anybody ever actually used.

San Antonio is the nations 8th largest city. Seems odd to me that we would not get one of the "city" car dealerships.

I know exactyl where the dealership North of Austin will be and I may buzz over there on the bike tomorrow. Have a little lunch. Bulid a little shrine...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 05:42 AM
SCOA Club

I'm not sure of the #s exactly but wasn't it like 1200 or so dealers applied to sell the Smart so maybe San Antonio MB was turned down? Maybe that's why the snobbery.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:07 AM

NONE of the three MB dealers in Austin are going to be dealers either

PAG prefers to use their dealer chains AFAIK... I know some MBs dealers will be Smart centers, but I bet predominantly Smarts will be sold more by PAGs multi maker car dealerships

I still recommend finding out who HOSTED the San Antonio road show... and contact them.... I have a wager with myself that SA gets a Smart dealer

Hell some other big cities got two ro three
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Closed

A Twist

Some M-B dealers decline to sell smarts for perception probems; they don't want inexpensive smarts pulling down the "aura" of the $$$ M-B brand. There is at least one M-B dealer I know of that declined to sell Maybach because their bread-and-butter M-Bs would then look like the cheapies.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:30 AM

Exactly.... Here in Texas the MB or other so called high end dealerships never gave me the nose in the air feel I found often on the east coast...OH, I know it is still there, just Texan's have a hard time being phoney snobby... they have their own version... but it is more about diesel motors in pickup trucks. IYKWIM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode