Delvery in just over a month... - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Delvery in just over a month...

Put in my reservation on 5/4/09 and got my call today (6/5/09) that it should be here within a week or so. I was shocked it came so fast, has anyone else had a delivery come up so quick? I'm a bit perturbed as I still need to get my finances together...

Ordering from South Jersey by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I think you might be seeing the effect of orphans being rerouted to fill orders quicker. Seems like a good thing
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow!!! What did you order?
I put my $99 down August 2009, configged March 2009, and still waiting.
I ordered a White/Black passion, comfort package, black interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSmart View Post
Put in my reservation on 5/4/09 and got my call today (6/5/09) that it should be here within a week or so. I was shocked it came so fast, has anyone else had a delivery come up so quick? I'm a bit perturbed as I still need to get my finances together...

Congrats! If I can make one suggestion, it's that you at least give Smart Centre Englewood a call and let them know about your impending sale. They may have an orphan that meets your needs, but even if they don't, they will take care of your service and accessory needs like no other dealer in the tri-state area. I purchased my car from a central Jersey dealer, but since taking delivery I have dealt solely with Englewood and they've never let me down. If you do call, please ask for Mike or Julie, and tell them that Christopher referred you. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Plus, we have an upcoming July 4th event. It would be great to see a brand new smart owner there.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered my black cabriolet the end of March 08, upgraded to a Brabus 10/08 and finally after 14 months of waiting received my all black Brabus on June 1 of 09. Well worth the wait. We absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!! Took approx two weeks to get across the ocean to Jax, FL, a few days to check into customs and then approx. a week to be picked up and driven to the Dallas area. Came in on a Friday and I had it on Monday, June 1st.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year supporting member
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSmart View Post

I ordered my black Brabus coupe on April 6th and took delivery on May 20th. I was not a $99.00 reservation holder, just walked into the dealership, told them what I wanted and gave them a $300.00 deposit. About six weeks later, got my car. I ordered from Smart Center, Jacksonville, Fl. They told me they now have "express Delivery" and the wait would be short. So far, very happy!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ordered a Rally Red with silver cell, upgraded sound system, and comfort package. My DDE on the website still says early July to early October although I was in the dealership (Cherry Hill) this past weekend and they confirmed that they expect it here by this coming weekend.

I put the reservation in on May 4th, configured on the 14th, and should have delivery by June 12th. I'm thinking they had an orphan they're just shipping right to me. Not that I'm complaining, now that I test drove one finally I'm pumped for it to get here.

And thanks for the tip on the Englewood Centre but that's a bit too far north for me. I live just west of Philly about halfway between the Devon and Cherry Hill smart dealers. Went with the Cherry Hill one since it's between my apartment in Philly and where I grew up and still have a house (30 min south of Atlantic City).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM

Thanked 1,220 Times in 866 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAILITY View Post
my call today (6/5/09) that it should be here within a week or so. I was shocked it came so fast, has anyone else had a delivery come up so quick? I'm a bit perturbed as I still need to get my finances together...
It’s taken you 10 years, to get your franchise together?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode