Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   OutSMARTing The Dragon (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f151/)
-   -   OTD 2013 Registration (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f151/otd-2013-registration-47967/)

Monalis 01-22-2013 12:07 PM

OTD 2013 Registration

Good evening everyone!!!

Hope this finds you all well. I just wanted to pass along that registration is now open for OTD 2013. This year’s event will be taking place August 22-25, 2013 at Fontana Village Resort and our theme is “Back to Basics”. We’ll be taking the best of years past and adding some new twists for the 5th annual anniversary. No need to pay right now but if you’re planning on attending please go ahead and register if you have a moment at www.outsmartingthedragon.com. Registration allows Alison, Daniel, Jennifer and I to get a better idea how many smarts to expect so we can make it the best weekend possible. It also helps to generate excitement for the event which helps us grow!! Also, if you see other smart owners please spread the word about OTD… word of mouth is our greatest marketing!!!

More details will be coming but we’ll have some special shirts for this year’s event, whitewater rafting will be back and there will be at least one new day trip!! Saturday dinner will remain at Deals Gap Motorcycle resort and Sunday’s going away breakfast is moving back to Lynn’s Place in Robbinsville, NC.

Can’t wait to see everyone in August!!!

ArthurRW 02-22-2013 02:22 PM

We still sitting at 14 cars registered? Seems like we should have a couple more by now.

Bosgarage57 02-22-2013 03:06 PM

I'll be registering soon, had a blast last year, although I'll only be able to make it sat/sun again.

AndyT 02-22-2013 05:24 PM

This sounds like an awesome trip! Hopefully things all fall into place, and I'll be there!

kheran 02-22-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyT (Post 558555)
This sounds like an awesome trip! Hopefully things all fall into place, and I'll be there!

Make it so..... you won't regret it! It IS an awesome trip:D

AndyT 02-22-2013 06:17 PM

15 hours from Providence! Hopefully I can get the time off from work. I just took time off to go to Watkins Glen...

Monalis 02-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurRW (Post 558540)
We still sitting at 14 cars registered? Seems like we should have a couple more by now.

Arthur, we have about 18 people registered, but not nearly that many have paid. I am sorry we can't update the website with every registration we get. Bill and Jen have been pretty busy lately and haven't had a chance to update it.

ArthurRW 02-23-2013 06:20 AM

That's ok, I'm using the registration #'s at the local smartcenter to try to gen up more interest in the event, the ol' "the more, the merrier!" routine

WhiteNBlack08 02-23-2013 07:47 AM

I went ahead and registered. I wasn't able to make it last year, but hoping things work out this year. This event is too much fun to miss twice!!:D

Monalis 02-23-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyT (Post 558555)

Andy, I hope you can make it. As we get closer to the event many of the participants will start getting together to run caravans. f you have any questions don't be afraid to ask either here, PM me, or message us from the website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteNBlack08 (Post 558626)
I went ahead and registered. I wasn't able to make it last year, but hoping things work out this year. This event is too much fun to miss twice!!:D

I hope you can make it this year, we missed you last year. This year will be a little more laid back with the theme of going back to basics, but we will have some special events to celebrate 5 years of OTD.