OTD2 lifetime Member
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrumbarger View Post
Now, we start planning for OTD 2014 of course.

I already have reservations at Fontana for next year, hope we can do Bristol Motor Speedway again?

Just need to nail down which weekend (and sign the contract w/ Fontana)?
We are still waiting on Fontana to change up the breakdown of rooms, but we have Aug 21-24st locked in. We were looking at doing it later, but between Deals Gap being booked, Fontana being booked, and the other events going on this was the best weekend once again for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 292 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 AM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face Did you go to the Cinci Meetup July 3rd?

I was looking at your car pic; did you go to the Cinci Coney Island event in July? I seem to remember a very sharp looking black with red tridion; one of the few I felt envious (not that I would give up my Tinkertoi). I'm glad you are doing ok and I can certainly empathize with your distress over losing your car.
post #263 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puhltoi View Post
I was looking at your car pic; did you go to the Cinci Coney Island event in July? I seem to remember a very sharp looking black with red tridion; one of the few I felt envious (not that I would give up my Tinkertoi). I'm glad you are doing ok and I can certainly empathize with your distress over losing your car.

Yes That was Amy And I! We left Coney Island on the 3rd and headed for Colorado on our honeymoon trip and the smart Nationals rally. Sorry it has been a while since I have posted anything but we did get our car back from smart of Knoxville two weeks ago Friday. We had thought about going to the Tunnel of the trees drive on the 18-20 but not sure just yet if it is worth the 7 hour drive north for one day of driving. There are some people going to be there we would sure like to see and always look forewarned to meeting new people. Glad to have our car back and have run it 9,950 miles in 7 months! I will post pictures when I figure out how as when I try to post it always says failed...
The Following User Says Thank You to amosd70 For This Useful Post:
LTDThree (10-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #264 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 12:01 AM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

We are going to the Tunnel of Trees; we will probably leave about 11 from Lexington Ky; going through Cinci about 12:30 if you are interested. Two from this area currently going.
The Following User Says Thank You to puhltoi For This Useful Post:
amosd70 (10-14-2013)
post #265 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Amosd70,
If you are willing, it would be interesting to hear the details of the repair of your car including damage incurred and cost to repair.
I am glad you are both well.
I love your statement from yesterday:
"There are some people going to be there we would sure like to see and always look forewarned to meeting new people."
I suppose that is a Freudian slip?
There are always a few twisted sisters in this bunch self included.
and as Mark Twain once said : "Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."
Some of us are just darkly funny.
I'm glad you are smart(red) once again.
Is it all back to normal?
Do we know if Dean has gotten his car back from Knoxville as well?

Last edited by BB Benz; 10-13-2013 at 03:54 AM.
post #266 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 03:48 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
I'm still recovering from the Dragon. I've just gotten the rear tires replaced at 33,000 miles (with plenty of tread left on em) due to a cut 1 1/4" wide across the tread down to the belts. :eek:
I replaced both rear tires so they would match performance wise. I suppose I will fully recover from the dragon after my Visa bill comes in. I've got to check that front tire on the same side to be sure it wasn't cut too. I never saw what was in the road that I ran over. Must have been a knife in the road rather than a fork.
In spite of that minor inconvenience, it was great to meet new folks and see the once a year familiar faces. I wish it could be more often.
The Following User Says Thank You to BB Benz For This Useful Post:
puhltoi (10-13-2013)
post #267 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 03:56 AM
He's not mine
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,626 Times in 995 Posts
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosd70 View Post
Yes That was Amy And I! We left Coney Island on the 3rd and headed for Colorado on our honeymoon trip and the smart Nationals rally.
I believe I spoke briefly with you in Denver when you first pulled up. With familiarity with smarts in general, attending so many gatherings, it's not often I go out of my way to comment on a specific car. But, if I'm not mistaking you for someone else, I complimented you on your arrival at the Westin for your fine ride.
post #268 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 04:09 AM
He's not mine
SCOA Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalis View Post
...but we have Aug 21-24st locked in.
I have really enjoyed I through V, but especially the first (yeah, the cloudy, rainy one). The Summer events which seem to be the preference really suck in regard to, duh, weather. It isn't brain surgery to figure out that August isn't tourist season ... wonder why that is? Duh. Not to mention the preferred lodging which is 300% of the normal price for a decent hotel room, and lacking commonly expected conveniences.

I've seen my last outSmarting the Dragon. I'll be back to the US 129, no doubt, but not in the peak of Summer, not lodging at Fontana Village, in a technological vacuum, at a price to make a wealthy person take notice.

There's no way around stating the obvious. Fontana Village sucks for people of average means. It's a rich person's resort. I'm not rich and have no need to pretend I am rich, even for a weekend. I could overlook, possibly, my grievance, if I could even get an internet connection without trapsing to the common area in my pajamas. I don't wear pajamas, I haven't owned pajamas since I was 15 years old, I'm naked in my room. Fontana Village sucks. Period. Full stop.

Last edited by NCC1701; 10-13-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: had more to female dog about
post #269 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 04:38 AM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurRW View Post
I think I have the weirdest malfunction from the Dragon, my horn doesn't work! It worked fine on the way out (I had to use it for some idiot) but didn't on the way home (same reason, different idiot). Checked fuse, wires to horn feel like they're still attached, still no beep.
Finally got the horn fixed, bad clockspring. Extended warranty paid for it. It cost about $600, $468 for the part.
post #270 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 AM
He's not mine
SCOA Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurRW View Post
Finally got the horn fixed, bad clockspring. Extended warranty paid for it. It cost about $600, $468 for the part.
I thought my last post was perhaps off topic. Arthur, are you lost?

Come to the sunny beaches of Panama City, Florida. You'll find lots of folks here you can relate to, LOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode