DrKillerBee
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
Sort of like saying you're going to the beach in January because there are fewer sun worshipers when it's cold outside.

There might just be a reason it isn't as crowded during one of the least attractive months to be there.
I thought people go to the mountains when the summer temps climb high in the south and Midwest...but maybe I'm mistaken. The temps at OTD were comfortable, and there were fans in the pavilion. A little bug spray (which the hosts had on hand for us) and we were good to go. The temp in the caverns were a bit chilly, the water temps on the whitewater were probably a bit chilly, but the August heat in the Smokey Mountains wasn't uncomfortable. And I also thought that winter was high season at the warm beaches...but I'm not a beach guy so I could be wrong on that one.

I thought there were affordable options at Fontana and with a little work forming a room sharing list (I did that this year courtesy of Wallace) the cost of a room becomes a lot more acceptable. We were almost never in our rooms anyway.

True the internet sucked at the lodge this year as the competition from the busses of teens that were in the lodge was overwhelming. The cellular service sucks in the mountains but go into the weekend knowing that and it is OK. Land lines still work.

Our little cars bring a diverse group of individuals together and allow us to have fun as a group. Our hosts helped us do that and do it in an area that had beautiful vistas, curvy roads, and good food. That's the definition of a car party to me. Party on OTD.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrKillerBee For This Useful Post:
BB Benz (10-15-2013), Southshore26 (10-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 292 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKillerBee View Post
The penalty for illegal transportation of illegal plastic wrap on the Dragon is at least 10 years of hard labor on other peoples smart cars. The NC and Tenn. Highway Patrols are cooperating with each other and not offering plea bargains for these dastardly offenders. If the plastic wrap is imported from other states the sentence is doubled.
These new laws will be strictly enforced starting Jan. 1, 2014 so wrappers beware.
Additional fines will be charged for playing "wrap" music on the Dragon.
The local authorities should know better than to mess with Jersey!

For now we'll just keep things under wraps.
The Following User Says Thank You to kheran For This Useful Post:
DrKillerBee (10-16-2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode