The 2011 smart fortwo: The smart fortwo evolves in the United States - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,455 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
smart fortwo lightshine special edition

The 2011 model year will feature a series of exciting special models, and the smart fortwo lightshine special edition is first of these limited production offerings.

The Lightshine edition comes in the passion coupe or passion cabriolet models and will be available in either green matte or light blue metallic exterior colors with a sliver tridion safety cell.

The highlight of the special model is equipment features that are otherwise only available as options. These include the high performance audio system navigation/multimedia including navigation and Bluetooth hands-free system, striking LED BRABUS daytime running lamps and dashboard instruments.

The special model boasts all of the new enhancements with the 2011 model including a new fabric-covered instrument panel with the new dial face, new upholstery colors in design beige or design black, fuel filler cap finished in the body color and net pockets on the side bolsters between the seats.

And finally, equipment on the lightshine includes 15"BRABUS monoblock VII alloy wheels and the "lightshine" badge on the vehicle’s body. The vehicle further upgrades the interior with accent parts in chrome matte and velour floor mats featuring a scripted "lightshine" stitched along the side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Garage
Finally: "Expressions"

smart Expressions: Easily-interchangeable bodypanels make for unique level of customization

smart USA puts the power of creative expression into the hands of all smart fortwo owners with the “smart Expressions” program. With an unlimited palette of paint color choices and a variety of body wrap designs, smart Expressions empowers owners to transform their smart fortwo into a mobile masterpiece.

smart Expressions expands the offering of seven factory color choices to an endless variety of exterior color offerings. Owners can choose from more than 90 environmentally friendly, waterborne-based PPG Aquabase® Plus and Aquabase® Plus Tri-Coat paint colors. Additionally, owners can custom match any shade by bringing a color swatch to any dealership through the “Any Color You Want” program. With “Any Color You Want,” owners can color match the car to anything— from their favorite sports team to their house, dog or favorite fashion accessory. The program has a limited paint performance guarantee.

smart Expressions also offers a variety of full vehicle wrap designs. Vehicle wraps are made of laminated 3M vinyl and are available in two finishes— matte and gloss. Owners can select from a variety of pre-designed patterns. In addition, owners will soon be able to submit their own creative wrap concepts to their dealer for the ultimate customization. Wraps include a 3-year manufacturer warranty against fading, peeling and cracking. Partial vehicle wraps are also available.

smart USA is also a licensee of Sanrio, best known for global pop icon Hello Kitty®, to offer vehicle wraps featuring Hello Kitty through the smart Expressions program. There are three different full body Hello Kitty wrap designs to choose from, each with a selection of color schemes. Additionally, there are a series of partial wrap designs and colors. In total, smart Expressions offers more than 20 full and partial wrap Hello Kitty design and color combination choices.

See our own thread about Kitty at
https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...y-wraps-34735/

The smart fortwo’s easily-interchangeable bodypanels make this unique level of customization possible.

Custom exterior colors and wrap designs are ordered through any smart center dealer in the smart USA network.

Interested customers can visit the design studio at smart USA | smart Expressions - custom paints and vehicle wraps to personalize your smart fortwo to see a complete gallery of paint colors and wrap designs.

Last edited by JPaul; 11-16-2010 at 03:26 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
There's one item where smart actually listened to us which makes me happy......same size tires all around! Great post, JPaul. I think this post says more about a smart than most dealers do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I missed the point where it said same size tires all the way around. Where'd you see that?

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kheran View Post
There's one item where smart actually listened to us which makes me happy......same size tires all around! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum-bling-B View Post
I missed the point where it said same size tires all the way around. Where'd you see that?
Must have read the following too quickly...
Quote:
The 2011 model offers a new standard alloy wheel with a 12-spoke design on the passion coupe and passion cabriolet. Both passion models also offer a new optional 6-spoke alloy wheel with wider P175/55 tires in the front at P195/50 tires in the rear. The pure comes standard with steel wheels featuring smart wheel covers. All wheels measure 15 inches.

Last edited by JPaul; 11-16-2010 at 03:49 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Read that part. I know all the smarts I have owned have had 15" all the way around, no change. I really thought I missed something and they did the same width all around. All is well.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
2011 sure looks nice. The upgrade options look sharp. Very Tempting!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Knew all of this before the release of this info...

I see the 8% fuel improvement seen in the new European models didn't translate back to us, again...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Garage
Note that this thread is the showcase for SCoA: it's the first page, the "Home" page visitors will first see when they check us out...

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
That's how I found this...It's my homepage

I kinda liked the older design better, but I suppose this one was adapted because the Wheego, Car2Go, and smart safety thing couldn't be removed?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode