LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
Smart Fortwo Stylish Edition

Smart, GmbH greets the fall with a distinctive model that portrays a lot of high quality equipment, including an exclusive paint color of chocolate brown metallic and new 12 spoke 15" alloy wheels. The interior comes with a mix of fabric and leather. The car itself comes with (MHD) micro hybrid drive technology as standard plus the automatic start/stop system that shuts down the engine when the smart car is motionless, reducing fuel consumption.

smart fortwo edition highstyle: New smart special model – stylish, elegant and classy
Stuttgart – smart is welcoming the autumn with a particularly stylish special model that is characterized by high quality equipment, fine materials and an unusual appearance. The new smart fortwo edition highstyle features exclusive paintwork in trendy chocolate brown metallic and elegant 12spoke 15" alloy wheels.

The exclusive interior of the special model boasts a harmonious mix of fabric and leather. The smart fortwo edition highstyle is available with a 52 kW/71 hp or a 62 kW/84 hp petrol engine.

The 52 kW variant is fitted with a comfortable automatic start/stop system as standard which shuts down the engine when the vehicle is stationary, noticeably reducing fuel consumption. Style, savoir vivre and zest for life go hand in hand with environmentally friendly technology.

The new smart fortwo edition highstyle continues the series of unusual and successful special models from the trendsetter for urban mobility. The unconventional car manufacturer questions the status quo and takes fresh and unusual approaches. The new special model from the environmentally friendly lifestyle brand combines cutting edge environmental technology and functionality with a discerning sense of style.

In the smart fortwo edition highstyle joie de vivre and classy elegance are combined in perfect harmony.

Even at first glance the new special model demonstrates its high standards of style and elegance with its classy chocolate brown metallic finish. 15 inch alloy wheels in an elegant 12-spoke design and edition highstyle logos in aluminium look are further highlights that round off the exterior appearance to perfection.

The classy design of the interior also demonstrates a young spirit, an open, new way of thinking and a confident style. Exclusive, gleaming metallic leather on the seats and in the doors contrasts with the light and dark fabric ensemble reserved for this special edition. Decorative brown seams are a subtle reference to the exterior. The kneepad and instrument panel have a leather look. The 3-spoke sports steering wheel with steering wheel gearshift is covered with leather, as is the gear knob. Trim parts that shimmer in matt silver round off the high quality yet dynamic impression of the interior.

The new smart fortwo edition highstyle is based on the coupé passion. Among other features this equipment line comes with softouch automatic gear programme, electric windows, air conditioning with automatic temperature control, and a panoramic roof with sunblind. The standard equipment of the "edition highstyle" also includes dashboard instruments and the radio 9. Electric power steering, heated seats, a lockable glove compartment and the smart sound system with a smart MP3 interface are optionally available.

The new special model also demonstrates the smart fortwo style when it comes to environmental friendliness. Not only does it fulfill the strict exhaust gas standard EU 5, the 52 kW variant is moreover fitted with micro hybrid drive (mhd) technology as standard.

This clever and comfortable automatic start/stop system shuts down the engine as soon as the driver brakes and the vehicle's speed falls below 8 km/h – for example when approaching traffic lights. The engine starts again in the fraction of a second when the driver releases the brake pedal. The system is fully automatic – the driver does not need to do anything. In urban traffic with frequent stop and go situations, fuel savings of almost 20 percent are possible with mhd.

The special smart fortwo model edition highstyle is available with a 52 kW/71 hp engine fitted with mhd or with a 62 kW/84 hp engine and costs €15,695 and €16,195 respectively (German list price including VAT).

Source: Mediadaimler.com

The Following User Says Thank You to administrator For This Useful Post:
Janstheman (05-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
no MHD, thank you very much!

i prefer to have my engine well lubricated while running. i warm it up on cold starts to have it well lubricated under loads. the smart uses only 0.17- 0.20 GPH idling when at operating temperature while stopped. why stop such an engine for 2-3 minutes to have the oil drain from the engine, then force it to start under load after the oil has drained to the pan?

seems like a ******* plot of planned obsolesence to me! :eek:

[...]

most of us own smarts because we love these little cars, i don't give a crap about the environment and i say "global warming/climate change/climate instability" is a FARCE (they will change the "term" every year or two, when it is proved FALSE) i'd love a turbo-diesel version so i can get 100MPG, i have wrung out 61.6MPG on a us version 451 on an interstate trip, i can get more on a "planned trip" (traffic knowledge/patterns).

[...]

Last edited by JPaul; 10-31-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: politics
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrbadexample For This Useful Post:
Janstheman (05-03-2011), smartypants2 (05-11-2013)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

unless you ******* at daimler want to extend your lame ***** warranty beyond 24 month/24,000 miles which is like 1980's primative for lame american products. cheap ***** hyundai does 10 years/100,000 mile warranty on their little accent today! (ok, it's the lamers at penske, but daimler is 100% up their **** in the US) can't have one without the other, can we?

Last edited by JPaul; 10-31-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: language
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbadexample For This Useful Post:
Janstheman (05-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadexample View Post
unless you ******* at daimler want to extend your lame ***** warranty beyond 24 month/24,000 miles which is like 1980's primative for lame american products. cheap ***** hyundai does 10 years/100,000 mile warranty on their little accent today! (ok, it's the lamers at penske, but daimler is 100% up their **** in the US) can't have one without the other, can we?
I was able to "upgrade" my warranty to 100k miles.. for a price For some reason they don't tell you that up front.

Last edited by jwight; 10-31-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: edited previously edited language
The Following User Says Thank You to jayskulls For This Useful Post:
Janstheman (05-03-2011)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayskulls View Post
I was able to "upgrade" my warranty to 100k miles.. for a price For some reason they don't tell you that up front.
they were pushing all kinds of warranties at me, i was like the second smart sale at the "center", and the first pure, which they weren't set up to handle, so my car is listed as a "passion". the paint at the center was still drying when i took delivery. in my delivery photo you can see boxes of brochures near my car!

smart Deliveries - Jan 2008: Our first pure

i am shopping around for an extended warranty, one company offered 3yrs 36,000 miles for $4,800, which was insane, in 3 years i'll be able to buy a 2008 smart for that! a year ago i was offered a better package from another company, about $1800 for 5 years/100,000 miles, but that e-mail was on my old computer, whose hard drive cashed in 2 months ago, damn anti-virus update corrupted a windows video driver. i'll just buy a new hard drive and reload windoze on it, it's a nice dell, 3yrs old with a 2.2ghz core 2 duo processor and a 512meg video card and 3.5g of ram, shame to let that go to waste as i piddle on this ATOM 1.6 ghz dorito now.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbadexample For This Useful Post:
Janstheman (05-03-2011)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,516 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Smart, GmbH greets the fall with a distinctive model that portrays a lot of high quality equipment, including an exclusive paint color of chocolate brown metallic and new 12 spoke 15" alloy wheels. The interior comes with a mix of fabric and leather. The car itself comes with (MHD) micro hybrid drive technology as standard plus the automatic start/stop system that shuts down the engine when the smart car is motionless, reducing fuel consumption.
This announcement seems to be over a year old - August 2009.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwight For This Useful Post:
Janstheman (05-03-2011)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,456 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwight View Post
This announcement seems to be over a year old - August 2009.
It must be part of 'administrator' cleaning the Home Page.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode