Carpet Cleaned but SRS Airbag Light On Now - iCarsoft i980 Clears Code - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
module reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoetzmann View Post
(There is a magnet in the latch and when the seat belt is inserted and latched that magent moves close to the switch and tells the car the seat belt is on so the buzzer shuts up.) To get around this, remove the proximity switch out of the driver's side seat belt latch...it just slides out. The get a strong small magnet and tape it to the little small round end of the switch...you have to orient the magent with the correct polarity or it want work....just turn the magent over if it doens't turn the buzzer off the first time. See picture.

Also included a couple more pictures of what is under the carpet under the seats.

Is there a non dealer way to reset pyrofuse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,330 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Garage
If you use a belt extender, and leave it plugged into the buckle side, the belt buzzer never goes on. I have used the real short extenders when the buckle has problems working.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The pyrofuse is a one shot deal....if it burns then you need another one......oh and repair to what ever caused it to burn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Bit of a thread bump, but I tried jumping the seat belt connector to bypass the seat belt switch - but still got the airbag light. The switch must have a resistor of a specific value that the syatem is looking for. I also tried disconnecting another connector, reconnected it (yes, didn't disconnect the battery) and not the SRS light is on permanently. I ordered a i390 scanner, but for now, I assume the light is just indicating a stored code - the SRS/airbags themselves are not disabled, right?

I've decided that the easiest way to defeat that loud beeper is to use short rigid seat belt extenders. They will make the buckles easier to find with folded towel seat covers we use too.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
Bit of a thread bump, but I tried jumping the seat belt connector to bypass the seat belt switch - but still got the airbag light. The switch must have a resistor of a specific value that the syatem is looking for. I also tried disconnecting another connector, reconnected it (yes, didn't disconnect the battery) and not the SRS light is on permanently. I ordered a i390 scanner, but for now, I assume the light is just indicating a stored code - the SRS/airbags themselves are not disabled, right?

I've decided that the easiest way to defeat that loud beeper is to use short rigid seat belt extenders. They will make the buckles easier to find with folded towel seat covers we use too.

I hate to say this but if the light is on then likely disabled. Should be clarified in your manual...
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
I hate to say this but if the light is on then likely disabled. Should be clarified in your manual...
Depends on what the fault is. If it's a bad passenger sensor, that shouldn't affect the driver airbags.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,774 Times in 3,494 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
From the owners manual....

Quote:
WARNING
If the SRS indicator lamp does not come on when you switch on the ignition or does not go out again after a few seconds once the engine is running or comes on again, the supplemental restraint systems are malfunctioning.

In the event that a malfunction of the SRS is indicated as described in scenario 2, the SRS may not be operational. For your safety, we strongly recommend that you contact an authorized smart center immediately to have the system checked; A malfunctioning SRS system may not deploy when needed in an accident resulting in serious or fatal injury, or it might deploy unexpectedly and unnecessarily which could result in an accident and/or injury to you or to others.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
You will not know until you find out what codes are stored.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Yes. I read the owner's manual.

I know what triggered the light - it was disconnecting, testing out the seat belt alarm, then reconnecting some connectors under the drivers seat. Since the connectors are re-connected, then the light is indicating the presence of a stored DTC not an active DTC. So the airbags will work normally. This is discussed in the thread this is posted in.

The Icarsoft i1980 scanner is on the way.

But even if the airbags were momentarily disabled until the code is reset, I really can't get too excited. This time of year, I use a motorcycle much more than a car - and they have no air bags, no seat belts.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
Bit of a thread bump, but I tried jumping the seat belt connector to bypass the seat belt switch
There is a magnetic prox probe in the seat belt buckle....all I had to do is pull the seat belt buckle probe out and put a magnet on it and the seat belt switch was by-passed...Ö.there is a thread and pictures about this under my name.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in